chapter 4: Half-hearted hatred

Warnings: cursing (Probably twice, maybe three times), probably incorrect spelling, blood/gore (Most likely).

This story is dedicated to my friend Sunny and, my other friends on discord such as F.S.S.

I hope you all can enjoy the story. ^-^

Word count: 1185

++××++××++××++××++××++××+×××++××

As much as Alem wanted to ignore it, the silence was slowly getting more and more annoying.
It was tiring how he had to travel around now, he hated the silence at times, but others, relished in it for giving him peace.

He wasn't sure which he'd rather though, if he could give up one thing for the other.

Being able to talk, or being in a peaceful silent area whenever Alem needed it.

If anything, right now he'd want a coffee jelly.
He hasn't had one yet all day, and was looking around for one.
Of course, he kept that to himself.

Going through the town, it's late at night, the moon light covered by the clouds, only rarely shining through.

Alem ignored it though, slowly reaching his home, he is carrying groceries to his place for his family.

At 2 AM...
Why does he feel like he's getting a judging glare from soemwhere..?

Alem finally reached his home, half-heartedly hating the soundless area as he continued to go to the kitchen, and fill it with the groceries he paid for with his money at a part-time job he has.

As a barista..

Okay, he's starting to get weirded out... Who's glaring at him judgingly?

Alem just shook it off, returning to his room, somewhat weirded out.
He could see all the holograms light up, and he was in awe of how amazing it looked again, he could never get old of the sight of beautiful lights.

Falling down onto his bed, Alem closed his eyes, silently waiting for unconciousness to take him into a good 4 hour sleep.

And that it did.

++××++××++××+××++××++××++××++××+

Luka finished off the last guy who was stadning, kicking them to ghe ground, as they passed out, the girl that they were mugging quickly ran off with a terrified scream.

Luka quickly ducked off into a house, going up the stairs into a room on the highest floor, opening the window and climbing onto the roof, and continued to move from there.

The police sirens now in the distance sounded out, letting Luka know that everything was now fine.

Luka is a vigilante, self trained, she calls herself "Striker."

Cool, right? She silently smirked to herself as the words traveled in her mind, it was a okay name, but, there're better ones.

Luka shook her head, she wasn't in the vigilante career for fame, and she sure as hell wasn't trying to get caught now.

She slowly climbed from the last roof of an empty apartment down to an open window, stepping carefully down the steps, she didn't want to be too loud.