Chapter 3

Lucy's pov

I took a deep breath and stood above them. I can feel Natsu's glare on me along with everyone else's. I shrunk under their glares. "Go on," Gramps urged me. I closed my eyes taking another deep breath before opening them.

"I was 5 when it happened. We were out in the gardens having a picnic. Dad left us to attend his duties. We were packing up when an explosion happened. Zeref-nii told my mother to take me and hide. We did. I could hear the explosions happening outside. Mom took a peek and decided that we should go somewhere else. She flew away and I fell asleep. The next thing I know is that I'm in the Spirit Realm. All they told me was that Mom, Dad, and Nii-chan were doing something important. I stayed there for more or less 4 years. I was hanging out with my friend, Loke, when I fainted and woke up here," I finished explaining my story. The glares stopped after telling them that I woke up in the Spirit Realm.

Gramps decided to take over. "I want you all to understand that Lucilia has done nothing to contribute to what's happening right now. We have no right to be angry at her for something she didn't do. Another glare and I will rip your eyeballs out of your skull," Gramps threatened them all. Why did he say that? They're his comrades. He looked at me and smiled softly. "You should go back and rest," he said and I nodded. Mira escorted me back to the infirmary. As soon as I lay on the bed, I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up the next day and saw Natsu sitting beside me while staring at me. Fear rushed through me and I tried to get away from him. Forgetting that I was on a bed, I fell and hit a burn I forgot to heal. I whimpered in pain feeling it sting. "Oh no, why did you do that?" Natsu rushed beside me and tried to help me up, but I desperately avoided his hands.

He noticed it and looked at me guiltily. "I'm sorry I did that. I acted without thinking as usual," he chuckled without humor and picked me up. He put me on the bed and sat beside me. "I'm sorry Luce. I just hate Zeref so much. He causes a lot of misery to people's lives," he said.

"Luce?" I asked and he smiled. "That's my nickname for you!" he said. I smiled a little. "I forgive you Natsu," I said and he hugged me.

"Ara ara, am I interrupting something?" we both looked up to see Mira with neatly folded clothes in her hands. We both blushed and let go of each other. "Nope. Well Luce, see you later!" Natsu said and rushed out of the room. Mira laughed and walked up to me. "You should take a bath. Here are some fresh clothes for you," she said. She helped me out of the bed and directed me to the bathroom. There was a bathtub and it was already filled with warm water.

I took off my clothes and got in. I relaxed and sighed in relief. How long has it been since I had one of these with my real body?

While cleaning myself and healing the rest of the wounds, I thought of everything that has happened. Zeref went berserk and no one could stop him. He took over most of Fiore and made an empire. Only Magnolia is not under his control.

I got out of the relaxing bath and dried myself.

Why though? Why did it happen? Did Mom and Dad die? Where's Mavis now? Is she still alive?

I looked at the mirror and found myself wearing what I'm not used to wearing. In the castle, I'm told to wear dresses all the time. Now, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I walked out of the bathroom and Mira scanned me up and down. "You look beautiful!"

She dragged me out of the infirmary and down to the guildhall. Everyone was fighting, drinking, or talking with each other. Is this normal? Why do they hurt each other? What's even weirder is that they're all greeting me as we pass by them.