Epilogue

Natsu's pov

Days have passed, and we finally arrived at the borders of the castle. We hid in the forest planning how to get in. I can't wait to fight!

"Every 10 minutes, the guards shift in a clockwise rotation. Though the castle may be heavily guarded, it has a flaw. When the guards leave their position, no one would be there guarding. So I say, after they leave, we wait for 5 minutes and head in," Lucy spoke in a serious tone. She plastered a blank expression on her face. It's kinda weird to hear and see her so serious. She's just so innocent, cute, and all that.

"Are you sure you still have a mind of a 5-year old, Bunny girl?" Gajeel asked. Bunny girl? Where the hell did he get that nickname from? Lucy's blank expression disappeared and was replaced bt her cute confused one. "Yes and Bunny girl?" she asked tilting her head slightly to the right. I could've fainted on the spot there and then from her cuteness.

Erza got us back on track. "Alright, so the throne room is where Zeref is most likely at. We'll go straight there as fast as we could and get this over with. I don't see any of the Spriggan 12. I don't know if that's good or bad," Erza said. "So we go in and attack," Gray concluded.

We hid in the trees and spied on the guards waiting for them to move. They look like freaking statues. Are they even breathing? I'm tempted to go down there and make funny faces to make them laugh. I jolted in surprise when they suddenly moved. After 5 minutes, as Lucy said, we rushed in the castle without anyone noticing.

"Ok Lucy, lead the way," Erza said. We all rushed in the castle and I marveled at the sight. It's so big! I wonder if they have lots of food too. I'll check it out later.

"We meet again!" a familiar voice crackled. We all stopped and stood on guard. An explosion happened in front of us and Jackie appeared. "I'll hold him off! Go!" Lisanna said. My head snapped at her. "Thanks, Lisanna. Let's go!" Erza said and pushed us to continue running. I was worried about her. I know she's strong, but I don't think she's strong enough to beat Jackal. What if she seriously gets injured?

I shook my head to rid of the negative thoughts. I have to believe her. She can do it. I ran with Lucy in front of the group.

"Are we--" Erza suddenly stopped. Lucy and I skidded into a halt and turned around. Everyone was gone. It was only the two of us in the hallway. "E-Erza..." Lucy stared wide-eyed into space where Erza should've been standing.

I grabbed her arm and kept running. "They can handle themselves, Luce. We need to hurry up and stop Zeref so that they'll be safe," I said. Determination appeared in her eyes and we ran even faster.

We arrived in front of huge ass golden doors. Lucy pushed it open. There, sat, Zeref in his throne. Half of his wings are dark. "Lucilia, little brother, welcome home," he said in a deep voice. I ignited my fist in flames. "You're not allowed to call me that 'till you get your head straight Zered!" I yelled and lunged at him.

A black-haired man appeared in front of me and blocked me from attacking him. "Move you, idiot!" I yelled and roared flames at him. As the attack died down, he stood there unscathed. "Take care of him, Mard Geer. I'll take Lucilia to her room." he teleported behind me next to Lucy. He cast a spell which engulfed Lucy like some barrier.

"Never leave your eyes off your opponent Natsu," Mard Geer spat. Lucy...

Lucy's pov

Zeref brought me to my old room in the castle. I don't know what to do. I can't fight him. I thought this would be easier. I thought that there would be no battles or anything. Oh well, an angel can dream.

"I made sure that no one moved anything in here," he spoke through the silence. I looked around. He was right. Everything was the way I remembered it to be.

I brought my attention back to him. "Please stop this Zeref," I pleaded. He brought down the barrier and we both faced each other. I stepped closer to him. "I'll get revenge. Achnologia is still out there hiding somewhere. He's the reason why my foster parents died," he said and took a step back.

I noticed it and smiled. "You still care," I spoke softly. Another thing I forgot to tell everyone is that if a pure angel touches an angel who's turning fallen, he/she would turn fallen too. Angels turning fallen are usually cured by royalty with a spell if it's still early. However, there are still some stubborn angels who wouldn't seek to us for help and completely turn Fallen...which resorts to killing. It's like a disease.

His eyes flashed from red to his black ones. I just noticed that his eyes were red now. "Of course, it's the reason why I'm doing this," he said and spread his wings. He flew to the side and smashed the wall down with his fist.

My eyes widened at the sight. On the other side where 11 of the Spriggan 12, all chained up and beaten. "Brandish!" I exclaimed noticing that she's the most beaten out of them. "Ahh yes, the traitor. She wouldn't have come to that state if she didn't tell you a word," he said and snapped his fingers. Brandish screamed in pain. I stood there unable to do anything to help my friends.

"How did I know? Simple, come out," he said. Someone came out of the shadows. No way... "Lisanna?" I whispered her name. She looked down guiltily and whispered an apology, but not like it would change anything right now. Why? Why did she do this?

Zeref walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "Lisanna Strauss has helped me greatly. In return, I will not harm your siblings," he said. I can't be mad at her. She was only protecting her siblings.

Brandish's screams died down to whimpers. "Join me, Lucy. We shall defeat Achnologia once and for all! We'll avenge our parents' death!" he said.

I watched as the darkness engulfed 3/4 of his wings. He doesn't have enough time left. I have to help him. "No Zeref. It doesn't have to be this way," I said and flew up to meet him. We were so close. One small move and I might as well turn Fallen with him. It's risky, but I have to do this.

"There's no other way Lucilia," he said with a hint of sadness. I know my brother is still there...Natsu's brother is still there. A soft voice whispered in my ear. I smiled softly at him and lifted my hands. "There is," I said and cupped his cheeks. His eyes widened and he tried to reject my touch. I brought one to his back and pulled him closer to me. I felt a stinging pain on my wings, but I ignored it.

Words in a different language echoed in my head chanting a spell. "I love you Onii-chan," I whispered and kissed his forehead.

"LUCE!!!" was the last thing I heard before everything went dark.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Should I write a sequel?

June 12, 2020