Chapter 6

Natsu's pov

After the incident last night, it was best for everyone to rest. Lucy and I were...tentmates. She slept peacefully While I was up all night thinking and worrying. I know. Shocking right? Well, how could I not worry when one of her wings exploded? She acted like she was fine, but I know she wasn't. It's a good thing the wings were fully healed now though. That guy is strong. Next time, I'll challenge him to a fight.

"Juvia thinks that was a warning," Juvia said. We were all on our horses continuing on our journey to the castle. "It probably was, and that's worrying me. Jackal was powerful with those curses," Erza said. In the fight, the blood vessels in her right arm exploded, but Wendy healed it back to normal. "Every time he says 'Boom', whatever he wanted to explode, explodes," Gajeel said.

"No. He points his left index finger to whatever he wants to explode and it does. He just doesn't make it obvious," Mystogan spoke. He held a sleeping Wendy in his arms. Woah. He said more than a sentence! That Jackie guy did something. "Are you saying that if we restrict his hands, we could defeat him?" Mira asked.

"It's possible, but he's still strong with his Fire God powers," Erza butted in. I raised a flaming fist in the air. "Then I'm gonna beat him!" I yelled and they smiled. I noticed one who wasn't.

I pulled back a bit to pace the horse with Luce's. "Why is there a sad aura around you? Cheer up, Luce!" I said trying to cheer her up. She just sighed and tried to get away from me, which she failed in doing so. "Oh don't give me the silent treatment honey. Don't think about blaming yourself for it. Nuh-uh, no Missy. You weren't the one who decided it was nice to show up in the middle of a game and blow everything to pieces like you lost your property to someone else in Monopoly. No. Bitch no," I said like a sassy bitch doing those arm movements. "Are you sure you're not gay Natsu?" she asked and I grinned. I cheered her up. "Not one," I said and winked at her.

"Ooh, the love birds are flirting," Mira cooed and we both blushed to look away from one another. "W-We're not!" Lucy argued. Mira giggled. "Didn't say it was you two."

Lucy's pov

We fell right in her trap. She teased us until we arrived in a town. There were no gates or walls so we safely made it in without any guards noticing. "Juvia remembers an inn nearby. They'll be glad to help us," Juvia said. She led the way to the inn. Luckily, it had a stable where we could put our horses. It would be weird if they were left outside the inn. "Juvia-san!" the receptionist yelled. He dashed towards her and engulfed her in a hug. Gray growled beside me.

"Shh! Juvia's friends and Juvia would like to stay for a night. Are there any rooms available?" Juvia asked. The guy nodded and went behind the reception area. "I can give it to you for free!" he held 2 keys in his hand. "They're our dorms in case students have a field trip in our area. You can use it for the night," he gave Juvia the keys. "Thank you Ikoru-san!" Juvia kissed him on the cheek and skipped back to us. I stepped to the side a little feeling Gray release some murderous aura around him. "Juvia has the keys!" she cheered. We got on the elevator which shockingly fit us all. We got off the 3rd floor and found our rooms right across each other.

Juvia gave the boys' key to Mystogan. "Lucy and I are gonna head out and buy some more food for our travel," Mira said and hugged my arm. We are? I didn't know that. "But someone could recognize Luce and capture her! It's best if she stays here," Natsu argued. "Lucy-san hasn't seen the world in 400 years. She should at least enjoy some time around before heading into battle," Wendy said siding with Mira. I was shocked when she said that.

Natsu kept on arguing back until Laxus had to drag him in their room. We entered ours and settled our things on our beds. "Be careful Mira," Erza said while Mira pulled me out of the door. "We will!" Mira said. Wendy went with us out of the inn. Where did Carla go? Maybe she's with Happy or Happy's with her. Wait...is there any difference?

"What town is this?" I asked looking around. It wasn't familiar or maybe that's 'cause things have changed. "This is the Rezukou town," Wendy answered. Oh, no wonder. I've only been to one of their beaches. My father had business here to attend and while he did that, Zeref, Mom, and I were enjoying the beach. We never really explored the town itself.

Mira entered a shop and we followed. "Good morning!" a man greeted us as we entered. The shop reeks of food. I don't know whether to gag or respond to my stomach's needs. "I have a list of everything we need," Mira said and took out a piece of paper.

Wendy left and came back with a big basket with wheels. Is this a new invention of today? As if reading my mind, Wendy answered my question. "This is what we call a shopping cart. It's easier to use than a basket," she said. I can see why. Carrying baskets need muscles and sadly, I'm lacking them. A shopping cart however just needs someone to push it.

"Can I?" I asked and Wendy nodded. I grabbed the handles and pushed it walking with Mira. We followed her to the fish section. "What..." Mira started talking to the fish man asking him about which fish is best. Wendy listened and observed closely. I, on the other hand, started to get bored. I looked around to see the aisle clear. Maybe I could...

I stepped on a small metal under the cart and pushed myself with one foot. The cart moved while I rode on it. Woah! This is fun! I pushed myself faster and faster. "WIIIEEE-AHHH!!!"

Natsu's pov

"I can't believe you did that," Lisanna sighed and facepalmed while I laughed. "Luce you crashed into an old lady!?" I repeated what Mira told us. She blushed in embarrassment and sunk in a corner. "I didn't mean to hurt her," she whimpered. Oh my gosh, I may sound gay, but she's so cute! "And I thought Natsu was a child," Gray sighed shaking his head. "Hey! I'm not!" I yelled and punched him on the face.

"But she is still though. She was 5 when she was put to sleep in a flower. She may have stayed in the Spirit Realm and grew up but she's still a child," I said.

"You're not making any sense," Gray said and punched me back. "Natsu is right," Lucy spoke shocking us all. See! I'm right! I'm so smart. "As I said before, I was put in the flower when I was 5. I spent those years in the Spirit Realm but my body in Earthland was still a child 'till you all found me. My body just changed and turned in this age. However, my mind is still the same 5-year old me," she explained. Exactly what I said!

"Lucy-san, do you mean that you're supposed to be a 5-year old still? How did you change?" Wendy asked. Lucy shrugged. "I have no idea. I'm sorry for acting that way in the supermarket," she said guiltily.

"Aww, it's alright now Lucy. I understand. I admit that I do that sometimes too," Mira said and pat Lucy on the head. She stayed crouching in front of her for a while before she stood up and turned to us. "You boys should go back to your room now. I think Little Lucy needs to sleep," she stepped aside revealing a sleeping Luce. She looks so peaceful. She's cute.

Oh no! That's the second time I thought of that this evening. What's wrong with me? I knew that salad Mystogan forced me to eat was evil!

Erza kicked us out of their room and we went back to ours. I grabbed the doorknob and turned it. What the heck? "Hey, who has the key?" I asked and they all froze. "I left it in the room," Mystogan mumbled. The door bursts open and I backed away.

"Who are you!?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Follow me on Instagram @_1zaph5_

June 2, 2020