19

chapter nineteen — get well soon

"oh really? what did jeno say about me?"
dahye asked, eager to know the answer.
"please don't get weirded out"
jeno said, covering his face with his hands.
"well, he said you were beautiful and he was correct indeed, you're so beautiful. then, he said you're really nice and once again, he was correct. what else... oh he said he li-"
jeno's mom told but was cut on her last sentence.
"i said i like your paintings"
he nervously said, scratching his neck.
"you've never told me about dahye's paintings"
"i did, you just forgot"
he nervously chuckled.

"you've said that about me?"
dahye asked jeno in shocked and jeno nodded shyly.
"thank you, i didn't know you talk about me"
"he talks about you twenty for seven, your name comes out of his mouth every ten minutes"
jeno's mom said and laughed. dahye was once again, shocked.
"well, what a coincidence. dahye also talks a lot about jeno"
dahye's mom started.
"let's not get into that. jeno, did you do the math homework?"
dahye attempted to change the subject.
"nope, my mom told you what i said about you so i also need to know what you said about me"
jeno said, smiling.
"okay okay"
she gave up and sighed.

"dahye said that you are really handsome and yes you are indeed very handsome, smart, really nice although you doesn't show it and well, tons of other things"
dahye's mom said. by now, dahye's face was as red as a tomato, she looked over at jeno who had a huge smile on his face.
"wow, dahye thinks i'm handsome"
jeno proudly said.

they talked for some more time until it was getting late and time for jeno and his mom to leave.
"thank you so much!"
dahye said and hugged jeno's mom.
"no problem, it was nice getting to know you. we'll leave you two for awhile in case you two wanna talk in private. get well soon, dahye"
jeno's mom said and walked to the car after saying goodbye to dahye's parents, who closed the door and waited for dahye inside. now, the two lovebirds are outside dahye's house, standing in front of each other.

"thanks jeno"
dahye smiled and looked up at jeno.
"anything for you, get well soon. no one will stop me from getting into fights for three days"
jeno joked, earning a light slap on his shoulder from dahye.
"can you promise me something?"
dahye asked.
"what is it?"
"promise me not to get into fights when i'm absent for three days"
"no promises but i'll try"
jeno replied with a smile.
"good"
dahye said. she forgot that her ankle was sprained and moved her foot, causing her to almost fall but jeno caught her.