27

chapter twenty seven — will you be mine?

the taxi stops in front of the car and dahye payed the driver and said thank you before walking out. she took a deep breath and entered the park, searching for one familiar face. she saw jeno sitting on a bench and approached him.
"hey jeno"
dahye said. jeno looked up and dahye realized what he was wearing, a white t-shirt with black jeans. they both were wearing black and white.
"oh you're here"
jeno replied, nervous for some reason.
"did you wait long?"
dahye sat next to jeno.
"no, i just got here"
jeno lied, he arrived thirty minutes earlier due to the nervousness and excitement.

"we're both wearing black and white somehow"
jeno laughed, showing his eyesmile.
"yeah, what a coincidence"
dahye replied, also laughing.
"you look really pretty"
jeno said which made dahye blush.
"you do too"
"i look pretty?"
jeno gave her a confused look.
"no, you look handsome"
dahye said shyly and jeno chuckled.
"anyway, why did you ask me to meet you here?"
she asked.
"well..."
jeno cleared his throat for the next thing he's going to say.

"i've been thinking about asking you this for a long time and i've decided to ask you now.

will you be mine?"

jeno confessed, pulling out a bouquet of flowers which he hid under his jacket so that dahye wouldn't notice. dahye stared at jeno in shock.
"jeno, you like me?"
she asked and he nodded.
"why would you like me?"
dahye looked down but jeno held her chin, making her face him.

"because you changed me, you made me become a better person. you make me the happiest, you were willing to be friends with me, you've always been there for me, you're beautiful in every way and i can go on and on about all the reasons of why i like you"
jeno said, and stared at dahye's eyes. by now, tears were falling down her eyes and jeno wiped them with his thumb.

"no one has ever said that to me"
she said in between cries.
"and yes i'll be yours, i like you too"
dahye replied, accepting the flower bouquet and pulling jeno into a hug.

they spent their time together talking and laughing then took selfies to post on their insta story. dahye posted hers writing "@lee_jeno ( ' ▽ ' )❤️" and jeno posted his writing "@park.dahye 🐨❤️". they both walked out the park, hand in hand as jeno offered to drop dahye back home.

"my friends are blowing up my phone"
dahye said and jeno laughed.
"mine too"
"hey, my mom asked if you'd like to have dinner at my house"
dahye told jeno after reading the message her mom sent.
"sure! i love your mom's cooking. but i love you more"
jeno smirked and dahye hid her blushing face with her face.