Chapter 11

Everyone was getting excited over the weather on the way. Time passed quickly as the clouds started getting darker. It wasn't too late in the evening, and it was in the middle of summer, so it was still light outside. With the clouds, it was getting darker.

About thirty minutes passed and it was pitch black outside. Thunder could be heard above them  in the clouds. It sounded like lions growling.

"Can you girls go wait in my bedroom? I'll go get everything you need for tonight," Taylor said as she ran down to the basement.

"That may not be the only time you're down there," Daisy joked about the weather. The girls giggled. Then they saw a bright flash in the yard and a loud crash of thunder, and they screamed and jumped.

"I guess the storm isn't very far away," Delilah said, shaking. That caused another fit of giggles to erupt.

Taylor came back up with a stack of old shirts she found and a couple toothbrushes. She handed them to the girls, who ran off to change. They all came back looking somewhat like they were ready for bed, so they all snuggled up on the couch.

"Friends, anyone?" Taylor asked while turning on the TV. She motioned for Joe to come join them.

"Yes, please!" they all agreed. They spent the next few hours getting startled by thunder and laughing at the TV until they fell asleep.

Author's Note

Oh my god I'm so sorry this is so short, but today was my birthday ("I'm thirteen now..." the best day by Taylor Swift) so I haven't had a lot of time to write. I've been doing literally nothing for the past few weeks so there's no excuse there. Again I'm so sorry!