Chapter 12

A few hours passed. The weather had been predicted correctly, as it wasn't passing anytime soon. It was around three in the morning when they all woke up again.

"What's that noise?" asked one of the girls. It was dark, except for the occasional flash of lighting, so they couldn't see each other until their eyes adjusted to the darkness.

"I don't know," another girl answered.

"Girls, we really need to get to the basement. That's a tornado siren," Taylor said with anticipation and worry in her voice. "Grab your blankets and lets go downstairs, I'll go wake Joe."

Everyone rushed out of the living room, except for Daisy, who went to the window. Delilah noticed and stopped in her tracks out the door.

"What are you doing!? We need to get to safety!" Delilah exclaimed.

"I know, just wait. I really want to see this tornado in real life. I've only seen them on videos and TV," Daisy explained calmly. Delilah, however, was not having it.

"Stop it! Let's go! You can look out the basement windows!" Delilah shouted at her sister.

"Okay fine, let's go," Daisy agreed with disappointment in her voice.

The two sisters ran downstairs after realizing they were the only ones still upstairs.

"Where were you?" Taylor asked. She was shaking with worry and anxiety about the situation. Joe was next to her trying to calm her down.

"Daisy decided it would be a good idea to look out the window to try and see the tornado," Delilah explained.

"You realize that could have been the worst decision you've ever made!? What would have happened if the tornado was on the other side of the house and you didn't know it!?" Taylor yelled at her.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking," Daisy said softly.

"I'm sorry for yelling. But please, don't do that again. I was so worried when I noticed you weren't down here with everyone else," Taylor apologized. She gave Daisy a hug, and instructed her to go into the main room with everyone else.

"Let's turn on the news," Joe suggested.

"If the power doesn't go out soon, maybe we can actually get some information. I think I might have a portable radio somewhere in the storage room, but we'd need to charge it quickly before its actually useful," Taylor explained. She grabbed the TV remove and turned it on to the first news station she could find.

"Uh guys, that doesn't look good," Savannah said. She was looking at the TV.

"Thats so close to us!" Michaela exclaimed.

"If it goes over us I wanna film it," Daisy said. "Wait, I left my phone upstairs, I'll be right back!"

"Daisy, don't go back up there. This tornado is within minutes of potentially hitting us. It's not safe!" Joe cried out. Daisy was already halfway up the stairs.

After a minute they all realized that the wind was getting louder.

"Uh, guys? I think that's the tornado," Anna Kate pointed up out the basement window. She was right. Next to them was a hard-to-see whirl of black nothingness heading straight for the house. The wind began to sound like a train, like everyone says.

"Daisy is still upstairs!" Delilah shouted. That was the last thing they all heard before they all huddled together, holding onto each other, sobbing, praying that it passes quickly. They felt the ground shake. The wind whipped blankets and lamps around the main house, crashing into the walls, knocking down paintings, and finally the house caved in. Screams echoed throughout the basement. As quickly as it started, it ended. There wasn't complete silence, but the chaos ended.

"Are you all okay?" Joe asked. He held a sobbing Taylor, who held a sobbing Delilah. The other three girls were all shaking in shock, behind a bit of the ceiling which blocked them from Taylor, Joe, and Delilah's view.

"Y-yeah I think so," Anna Kate called out.

"Oh my god," Taylor sobbed. "The house is completely destroyed."

"Taylor if we weren't separated at the moment we would be giving you the biggest hug you've ever received," Michaela said.

"I don't mean to worry anyone, but wasn't Daisy still upstairs?" Savannah said. Taylor started sobbing even more.

"I'm sure she's okay," Joe whispered in her ear.

"Let's try and stand up. I want to see if we can find her," Taylor said after her sobs died down.

They moved the piece of ceiling out of the way of the other three girls who gasped at the state of the house. They slowly made their way to the stairs, which now led to nothing, making sure not to step on glass. After a few minutes they ran to what used to be the living room.

"Where do you think she would have gone?" Anna Kate asked.

"Probably the bathroom, there's no windows there. If she was educated properly she should know that," Joe suggested. They all walked to what used to be the bathroom. Taylor and Joe dug around in some of the rubble, before they all heard a scream.

"I found her!" Taylor shrieked. The rest of the girls all ran over and found a curled up Daisy in the cracked bathtub.

"I-is she breathing?" asked Savannah. Joe carefully picked her up.

"Her phone was next to her. It's still recording," he said and stopped the video. "And she is breathing."

Taylor sighed of relief. "Can we call 911 or something?" she asked.

"No, there will be hundreds of calls they have to answer. We should bring her directly to the hospital," Joe explained.

A/N

It's been a while since I've updated, and I have no excuse for that, so I'm sorry! This was kind of a chaotic chapter and its midnight so I'm very sorry for any mistakes/confusing parts.

ON THE OTHER HAND... FOLKLORE IS SO GOOD. I STAN BETTY, A LITERAL BI ANTHEM.