𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏.

I 018

I 018. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ lost her breath ❞

THE PURPLE EYED GIRL WATCHED AS THEY RAN UP THE HILL. Quickly trying to reach the border of camp, where she stood. But they wouldn't make it. The Furies were chasing them down, whips flicking through the air as fire chased their heels.

She saw Grover, her first and best friend. He was pushing them along, he was only meant to have Thalia, daughter of Zeus. But he had two others, one older and one her age.

Her breath turned ragged once she saw them running again, legs pumping but not being able to get a good distance from the monsters. Thalia stopped, shouting at Grover and the older boy, arguing about something.

Grover and the boy dragged a younger girl up from the ground, sprinting towards where she stood. But her heart stopped as Thalia faced the monsters, alone.

Her Satyr friend caught sight of her, a relieved look on his face. "Aria!"

She glanced at him before running down and past the border, he thought she was heading towards him but instead, her sword was in hand while she sprinted to Thalia.

Thalia twisted a Furies' whip around her spear, pulling so it slammed into the ground. Her spear dove into the creature's back before it exploded into dust.

Ariadne noticed the Hellhound behind the girl, pushing faster so she could reach it in time, but she wouldn't. "THALIA!" She yelled out, but claws had already dug into the girl's back, raking down her skin.

The daughter of Zeus stumbled before a crackling filled the air, the daughter of Dionysus finally reached her as the hair on her body stood up, tingling.

Thalia lifted her spear to the sky, blue flashing before a burst of electricity struck the metal point. Her hand moved so the weapon was pointing towards the Furies and Hellhounds. Lightning hit the beasts, they shriveled to dust.

Ariadne grabbed a hold of Thalia's arm, pulling the girl who looked exhausted. Both sprinted towards the other three who waited for them, "Thalia, Aria, come on!" Grover yelled. "Come on!"

They were close. So close to reaching camp. But a large hand took hold of Thalia, ripping her arm out of Ariadne's hold. The brunette gasped as a mighty roar sounded through the air, the daughter of Zeus in the hands of a Cyclops.

She screamed out as Thalia was thrown, landing on the ground with a sickening crack. Ariadne quickly ran over to the girl's body, watching as the electric spark in her blue eyes faded, taking her final breath before letting go.