Ch 1: Boy Next Door

Ever since third grade, Timothée Chalamet, or Timmy to me,  and I had been inseparable. Ever since that first day in school when we had to choose our partners for the year-long science project, Timmy and I had been best friends. We did anything and everything together. We did this until the tragedy that was our senior year. I still remember that sad day like it was yesterday.

"Y/N, we need to talk. I have great news, a scouting agent saw me at the opening night of the Spring play and said he saw potential in me. He signed me on as an actor. I'm moving to Hollywood and starting acting. Since I basically already have a job...we can't go to college together Y/N. I'm not going to college at all," Timmy had said to me. 

Thinking of his words still brings me to tears to this day. But over time, I've grown to believe that I'm happy for him going off to chase his dreams. But every time I see his face in movies or in the media, I feel the familiar sting of pain and anger in my heart. Nonetheless, I've moved on. In college, I studied public relations in order to become a celebrity assistant. And no, contrary to what everyone's said and joked about, I did not do it on the off chance that I would run into him at some point. The jokes stopped coming when I started to date my professor, Oliver Perlman. Of course, I broke off that relationship as I moved to Hollywood in pursuit of my career.  

In Hollywood, I caught a lucky break and I've started working under some C-List actor. The paychecks are steady and keep me afloat, just barely. Living in LA is not cheap. In fact, I have to work a second job in a cafe to help cover my rent. I work the graveyard shifts. Little did I know that one random Monday, things were going to take a turn for the better. And it all started when a certain someone walked into the cafe, one fateful night...