Ch 9: Professor Perlman ?!

Timmy's interview at the Tomorrow Night Show was finally over, so we decided to hit the bar for a celebratory drink. Of course, I wasn't going to drink because I was the designated driver. Timmy had already gone through two shots of whiskey. 

"Woah there, slow down! We've only been here for what, 5 minutes? If you get too drunk I'm not carrying you back." I joked.

"Come on, loosen up babe!" Timmy laughed and put his arm around me. I shook my head at him and gave him a smile. I looked behind Timmy for a moment and saw a man walking up towards us. It must be one of Timmy's fans coming to ask for an autograph. As the man came closer, I was able to make him out a bit better. He, or what I could see of him, looked slightly familiar. 

"No way," I whispered under my breath, but Timmy was too drunk to notice. Oliver Perlman???!!! No. It couldn't be. What was he doing here? And why was he coming towards me? Oh no oh no oh no.

"Y/N? Wow you look great," he shifted his gaze from me over to Timmy, and his expression turned to disgust, "And who's that?"He asked in a cold tone, eyeing Timmy's arm around my shoulders.

"This is Timmy, Timothée Chalamet." I said.

"That's Timmy? Huh." He huffed.

"Timmy this is Oliv-Professor Perlman." I ignored Oliver's previous comment.

"Oh, so I'm just Professor Perlman now? I see, so all the times you were in my bed doesn't count anymore?" He snapped.

"His bed?" Timothée asked, confused.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, tired of his behavior.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here with that prepubescent boy who broke your heart once? You couldn't handle a real man? I should have known you were just another dumb slut." He spat out.

"What did you just call her?" Timothée got out of his seat and grabbed Oliver by his shirt collar.

"I said she's a dumb slut who can't tell the difference between a man and a boy."

"Yeah? And you clearly can't tell the difference between a woman and an underage college student."  Before I knew it Timothée pinned Oliver to the wall and punched him straight in the nose.

"Timothée!" I got up to pull him off of Oliver, "What are you doing?" I yelled.

"He called you a slut, I couldn't just stand there and let that happen!" He yelled frantically. 

"I don't need you to get into fights for me! I am fully capable of handling things on my own!" I yelled back angrily. I looked down at Oliver who was on the floor trying to catch the blood that was streaming from his nose. I grabbed Timmy's hand and pulled him out of the bar and back toward the car.

"Get in right now!" I demanded.

"Y/N, I-" 

"Save it. I don't want to talk to you right now." I shut him up.

"But I-"

"NO," I said forcefully before he could make any excuses.

I drove us back to our hotel and walked with a quick pace with him trying to catch up behind me. I was so angry I decided to take the stairs so I wouldn't have to be trapped in a box with him.

"Ok, now you're being petty," Timothée yelled from a few steps behind me.

"Me?" I turned around to face him, "I'm being petty? I'm not the one who broke someone's nose tonight! Do you know what you just did? If this gets in the papers do you know who's going to lose their job? Me, Timothée. Me. I'm supposed to be here to improve your image and now? Oh my god, if Saoirse finds out I-I" I broke down in tears.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, I wasn't thinking." He looked genuinely guilty.

"I know you weren't thinking! You don't need to! You've got so much privilege you can get away with anything you want, why would you have to think about me? I'm going to go pack my things." I said.

"Pack your things? But our flight isn't for another two days." He said.

"I'll get another flight... without you," I said, turning away and running up the stairs before he could get in another word. I didn't hear any footsteps behind me. I didn't want to look back, so I just assumed that he stayed downstairs. Good, I didn't want him to follow me. I sighed knowing that I'd have to face him at some point– he is my boss after all.