Ch 4: G-girlfriend?

"Long time no see, huh?" Timothée said smugly. 

"Yeah, cause you got too big and famous to care about me," I said as I rushed out in front of him. He picked up his pace and ran up next to me. A few people started to take our pictures, and he slid his hand into mine, causing me to retract my hand from his.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled at him. He looked at me and grabbed my hand again.

"You're my girlfriend, remember?" He laughed.

"Your girlfriend?" 

"Yeah, at least while they're around," he motioned his head towards the paparazzi, "now smile and get closer to me. We can go get some coffee to catch up and clear the air." He pulled me along with him.

"Clear the air? We haven't spoken in what, four years? Do you think a little chat at the local cafe is gonna solve that? Huh, celebrities really are out of touch with reality." I huffed. He stopped abruptly and pulled me into the corner of a building.

"Why are you so mad, huh? You're the one who cut me off! Do you know how many times I tried to call you Y/N? I missed you every second I've been away from you, but you? You didn't even bother to answer the phone." He looked away from me so I wouldn't see the tears welling up in his eyes. I was left speechless, literally. I looked at him and tears started filling my own eyes. 

"I'm sorry Timothée. I-I just couldn't handle being away from you, and keeping contact with you reminded me that you left me. You did leave me. . . we were supposed to go to college together. You didn't even have the decency to tell me beforehand. You waited till the last day, and I didn't even have time to process what you were saying before you were out of my life. I hated you for that... I  still hate you for that." I said in a shaky voice, trying not to cry in front of him.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I-"

"Just don't, Timothée. Let's just go to that cafe you were talking about and just pretend none of this ever happened. What does it matter now anyway?" I interrupted him. I started to walk back out to where the people were still waiting to get pictures of us. I felt Timothée's hand wrap around my waist and pull me to his side. I looked at him with confusion written all over my face.

"You signed a contract, remember?" He whispered in my ear.

"Unfortunately, I do. What a lovely time to be broke." I snapped back sarcastically with a fake smile plastered on my face. The anger bubbling up within me be damned, I needed this money. I couldn't move back home and admit defeat to my friends and family. These paychecks would be good based on the numbers that Saoirse had shown me in those contracts. I could start paying back my college debt and finally not be in danger of eviction at my apartment. With those thoughts in mind, I took a deep breath and let Timothée pull me to his car and drive us to the cafe.