Ch 5: Making Up or Making Out?

We walked into the cafe, which coincidentally was the cafe I used to work at. I looked around and saw the paparazzi still following us and trying to take pictures, but I saw my former boss go and seemingly yell at them. My old boss was not a man you wanted to get on the wrong side of and I felt the fears of those paparazzi people. But it was nice to get away from their camera flashes. We went to seat at the corner booth and I saw a waiter go and pull the shades down for the other windows. The waiter was one of my friends and she smiled as she walked towards us. 

"Y/N, this is why you left me? I'm less hurt knowing you left me for this stud. Timothée here has been coming here for four years, hell I spilled my first coffee on him, but he was a gentleman about it of course. Don't let those tabloids fool you, he is a real nice guy," she winked at me. 

"WHAT? You've been coming here for four years and yet I never saw you once. I guess I did work graveyard shifts, but still..."

"I didn't know you worked here-"

"Almost like we haven't talked in four years, huh? After someone abandoned their best friend of ten years!"

"Well then, I'll come back to get your orders when you're not yelling at each other than," my ex-coworker left after that. 

"I get that you're mad, but you knew how much I wanted to act. And I got a chance and I had to take it. I said it last minute because I didn't want our last memories to be tainted. I am sorry but maybe fate wants us to make up by pushing us together again, after all these years," Timothée finished his rant and slumped down. 

"Fate pushed us together, huh? Just like it pushed you towards 6 different girlfriends in the past four years?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"What? How does that relate to anything? We were only ever close friends." Timothée replied. 

"Yeah, but I know you. I couldn't help but think you were trying to fill a void in your heart. A void that YOU put there by abandoning me!"

"Now you're just being unfair. It's not like you didn't date anyone while I was gone, correct?" He answered back and my heart dropped as I looked down from his eye contact.

"Whatever, this is getting off-topic. All I'm saying is, stop acting like you were a sweet little angel moping around for the past four years when I know for a fact you were keeping very, VERY busy." I could see his face turning red from the corner of my eyes. 

"Why don't you stop believing everything you re-" His voice was cut off by a loud ringing from my phone. My eyes widened and I looked down to see an incoming call from Saoirse.

"It's Saoirse," I said to him gesturing towards my phone. He rolled his eyes and sat back as I brought the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I said, not knowing what to expect from this call.

"Y/N, I just got a call from Kimmy Jimmel. Kristen Stewart canceled her interview scheduled for tomorrow and now there's a last-minute opening. I need the two of you to fly down to New York tonight to be there in time for the Tomorrow Night show. If you leave soon, you'll have enough time to fly down and get settled in beforehand. I need you to book hotel rooms and flights for the two of you, stat, and then you both need to get your overnight bags packed and head down to the airport ASAP. The sooner the better!" Before I could get a word in, the line cut off. 

"What was that about?" Timothée asked. Before I could reply, my phone was ringing again.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Tell Timothée to put the flights and room on his card. We'll reimburse him later." Before Saoirse could hang up I needed to get a few words in.

"Only Timothée and I are going?" I asked, gulping nervously.

"Yes, since you're his assistant. And it'll be good for the paps to see you two going into the hotel alone," Saoirse said with a laugh. "But don't worry, you can get separate everything. It'll all be covered by us so don't you worry. Now that's enough talking to me, go get yourselves sorted out! The clock is ticking." She hung up again and I was left to get back to my conversation with Timothée. We ordered and the waitress brought us our drinks and pastries, I explained the situation and our conversation carried on with a business-like tone, neither of us bothering to bring up the former argument. Once we finished, we decided to leave the cafe together for the paparazzi and then part ways to pack and get ready. I braced myself as we stepped outside with the intention of smiling for the cameras for a few moments until I reached the safe refuge of my car. To my surprise, a small group of paparazzi managed to corner us as we left and wouldn't leave unless we addressed them. 

"Timothée, who's this? Girlfriend number seven?" a voice called out.

"Timothée, are you finally ready to settle down?" another asked. All the paparazzi were dying to know anything at all. I looked over to Timothée for guidance about what to do, but he seemed overwhelmed too. 

"So, what are you two?" A paparazzi asked, seemingly staring right at me. I felt Timothée's hand tighten around my waist, telling me he was about to drag me somewhere else. I was already tired of him holding the contract over me and seeming so smug about the fact that I couldn't object. But here, Timothée actually seemed out of his element and not nearly as cocky as before. Part of me wanted to be nice and let him manhandle me for the sake of the paparazzi, but I ignored that part of me and decided to act on impulse. And that impulse pushed me to grab his arm, twirl him to face me, and pull him in for a kiss. I pulled away from the kiss and stared into the eyes of a shocked Timothée before turning back to the paparazzi. 

"Does that answer your question?" I asked, innocently batting my eyes. I grabbed Timothée by his hand and pulled him towards the cars, feeling a little too proud of myself for finally having the upper hand.