paintings , A. REEVES

"what do you wanna do ant?" y/n questioned her boyfriend as the two laid next to each other in bed.

"what do you feel like doing darling? i'm okay with just laying down with you." he responded as he smuggled into her side even more.

the girl thought for a second before a thought popped into her head.

"there was a painting event poster at the library down town, we should go!" she turned to face him and could feel her face heat up when she noticed
the proximity of their faces. he raised a brow in amusement.

"we've literally made out before."

"doesn't mean I wont get nervous every time." she smiled.

"I know, that's good. I get to see your face redden every time, you're cute when you're flustered." he smirked at her while she just rolled her eyes, face still burning hot.

"come on loser we're going."

-

"I say we paint each other and whoever does it better gets five bucks." y/n stated.

"I thought we had to draw something to give to the little kids?" anthony raised a brow at his girlfriend.

"fuck them little kids dude. are you in or not?" y/n laughed, slightly pushing his chest.

"hell yeah I'm in." he replied, his lips turning upwards.

FIRST PERSON POV

about 15 minutes had passed and I was finally done. I'd say it was alright, for painting with the cheap dollar store paintbrushes it was good.

it was a picture of anthony I had as my home screen. he was smiling widely, dimples showing and all. he was holding my puppy, brownie, that I had back home. that was the first time he ever visited my family home.

"are you done?" I asked him with a brow up. he was concentrated, nose scrunched, eyebrows narrowed down, and it was just an adorable sight in general. I smiled at him, waiting for him to finish.

"okay I'm done now." he said while letting out a breath that sounded as if he had been holding it for a while.

"okay, at the count of three we show each other our paintings."

"3

"2

1!"

I grab my canvas and shove it in his face. he hands me his and I hand him mine. I couldn't see his reaction because I was too busy looking at his canvas. I burst out laughing at the sight before me.

it was a picture I had sent him when I was at the airport to go back home for a while, without him. my hair was messy, I had mascara running down from all the crying I had done when I left. it was just a bad picture in general. I had to take deep breaths in order to say something.

"y-you're such a dumbass anthony." I remarked, still laughing loudly. the lady who was at the desk shot us a dirty look. I looked up to see him staring at me in a way that someone never had. there was adoration his eyes, as if we were the only two in the world.

I always got that feeling with him, it was nice.

he looked like he was gonna say something but shut his mouth and took a step closer. his face was inches away from mine. I started to lean in but suddenly I felt wet paint dripping from my face.

"ANTHONY REEVES!" I shouted, anger clear in my voice. he bursted out laughing and slapped his knee for effect.

what a fool.

a lot of people were looking at us now. I cut off anthonys laughter by harshly marking my hand print with some red paint. anthony stopped laughing and stopped dead in his tracks.

I laughed loudly at his face and 1.5 seconds later we were throwing paint at each other like animals before a voice interrupted us.

"YOU TWO KIDS, OUT! NOW!"

fun fact: brownie was my stuffed puppy plushie that I absolutely ADORED. he was a light blue color with colored dots. I used to take him everywhere with me :( I remember one time I was scared to get a vaccine and I forced the doctor to give him the shot first and he did. haha fuck you brownie for leaving me and disappearing when I needed you most (LMAO)

edited 5/13/22, this one was so hard to reread i'm gonna kms 😭 it's so bad