sober thoughts , N. AUSTIN

i watched as kio and olivia whispered things to each other's ear, closer than i'd like them to be. we were at the hype house, for nicks birthday. but kio and olivia were closer than ever together, and i couldn't feel any more jealous.

nick was sitting next to me, and i could tell he knew i was jealous.

"hey." he whispered, even though he didn't need to since everyone was talking loudly and music was playing.

"hey." i turned to look at him with a tight smile.

"you know, i'm pretty sure they're just friends. kio would never do that to you." i scoffed at him as i noticed olivia peck his cheek, way too close to his mouth.

"lets go get a drink." nick grabbed my hand and lead me to the kitchen, knowing i was about to burst.

"hey sorry for ruining the mood nick." i apologized as he handed me a red cup. he shook his head and took a sip of his own cup before responding.

"you're my best friend y/n, i'm more than glad to help." he blushed. i smiled softly at him and kissed his cheek slightly.

"you're the best nicky."

"yeah i know." we both laughed. a cough from behind us interrupted us and we slowly stopped laughing. kio looked at me before walking out the door. i sighed, already knowing what he was gonna say.

"i'll see you later nick, happy birthday." i whispered as i waved goodbye and walked out the door before he could respond.

kio was at the entrance, sitting down on the stairs. (i actually dont know how the house is built or whatever so don't @ me.) i sat down next to him quietly.

"you and nick looked close in there." he muttered without sparing a glance. i scoffed at him.

"me and nick? you and olivia were about to suck each other's toes at that point." i huffed at him.

"y/n you've gotta stop being so dramatic." kio rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"oh i'm dramatic? fuck you kio. we're done for." i stomped inside angrily and downed as many beers as i could in a matter of seconds before i felt someone tapped my shoulder.

"alright that's enough y/n." i couldn't really see who it was, my vision was all over the place.

"no, let me drown in my own sadness." i slurred as i went to grab another cup. the person sighed before snatching the cup from my hand and placing it on the counter.

"hey! i was gonna drink that you bastard." i huffed. suddenly, i was lifted off the ground and on to someone's shoulders.

"haha, nice ass." i giggled as i poked the persons butt.

"oh i'm gonna have so much blackmail on you tomorrow morning y/n." the person laughed as they carried me upstairs, me being swung around like a rag doll.

"i uh, i'll call charli and dixie to help you get pajamas on." the still unknown person informed me as they threw me on the bed gently. i could make out their red face a little too.

THIRD PERSON POV

nick sighed as he walked back into the room where y/n was sleeping. he thanked the d'amelios as they left. he plopped down next to the now unconscious girl.

"kio doesn't deserve someone like you bub." he muttered as he brushed a piece of her hair away from her face.

"maybe one day you and me could happen." he smiled sadly, pecking her forehead for a couple of seconds.

part 2?

edited 5/13/22