The Beaker Situation

Donnie's POV

I sat alone in my lab, running some tests on the weapon scraps. My progress was slow.

If I could extract the main elements then I could possibly rebuild it but in reverse.

Maybe that could work.

I hope so.

It's all I have.

'D!!' Mikey hollered

'What!' I yelled back

'School fool! We've got 20 minutes to get there'

I slapped my forehead and raced out of the lab.
How could I forget this seemingly eternal nightmare.

'So how's it going with your experiment Donnie?' Leo asked 'any progress'

'Yeah I guess, but I don't have enough supplies' I grumbled 'because Mikey broke all my beakers and test tubes'

'It wasn't my fault they were all on the one shelf!' He said holding up his hands defensively

'Just take some from the science lab at school' Raph suggested 'no one there needs them more than we do anyway'

'Raph! You can't just steal stuff' I exclaimed 'especially from a government facility...'

'Do you want beakers or not' he cut in

'Ugh fine'

'Aww yeah boy! Operation steal form school is a go!' Mikey cheered

'You in Leo' Raph asked

'Ok, but full ninja mode guys' he grinned

'You know the more you say that, the more I hate it'

We'd been waiting all day.

Normally something like this wouldn't be a big deal to us, just a quick in and out mission, but we didn't really have anything else to look forward to what without patrol anymore.
Coming to school with a new injury everyday wasn't a good look.

None of us really felt guilty as we crept into the empty lab.
Mikey watched the door as I gave my older bros a quick brief on what we were looking for.

'Guys look at this!' Mikey whisper yelled pointing at a turtle diagram.

'Aren't you supposed to be watching the door shell-brains' Raph hissed

'Oh yeah'

I sighed, turning my back on the youngest, then 'oh'

'What now...'

Mikey whimpered 'someone is, uhh, is here'

We spun around to see Natalie, arms crossed and a look of triumph on her face.

Mikey backed up, running into Raph and earning a whack on the head.

'Well well well' she giggled

'Three holes in the ground?' Mikey answered before receiving a second whack 'what! I'm being smart'

'A smart ass more like it' Raph hissed

'It's not nice to steal, y'know' she mused

'It's not nice to be a pest' Raph growled back

She glared at him.

'You'd be in big trouble if I told on you'

'Dobbers wear nappies' Raph quietly sung to me out the corner of his mouth.

I couldn't suppress my grin.

'I could forget this ever happened if you do something for me that is' she said slyly, ignoring the hothead 'I'm having a party this weekend, and I'd like you to be there. We're meeting at the park near the pizza shop'

'No way princess' Raph replied

'Oh?' She advanced until she was centimetres away from Mikey 'I'm sure your brother would love to come' she said placing a hand on Mikey's broken arm and squeezing slightly.
He took a sharp breath.

'Let go of him' Leo said firmly

'Wouldn't you Mikey' she hissed squeezing harder and harder the longer he stayed silent.

I could see his eyes watering.

'Alright we'll come' I said my eyes currently as wide as Mikey's 'Now let go of our brother!'

'Good' she drew her hand back, 'see you at 7' she said with a sickening false smile.

———————————————————————
So that was a fairly short chapter but what's done is done
Votes are appreciated!