A Shred too late

Raph's POV

April, Leo, Donnie, Mikey and I crept along the balcony of Shredders lair.

April, being the smallest, crawled over to the shattered glass window, peering into the vast chamber below.

I scolded as recent events played on my mind.

Leo sat before us, finger tapping the table.
Nervous energy was usually Mikey's thing.

'So you guys know the plan?' Leo asked for like the hundredth time,

'Uuuggggghhhh yes Leo! We know the plan' Mikey whined, spinning in circles on the office chair.

April had invited us over. It didn't seem like constantly being in the sewers was great for humans. The smell was really starting to get to me.

'Guy I really think I should come too' April announced entering the room, apple in hand.

This had also been voiced multiple times.

'For the last time, April, no! It's too dangerous' Leo elxclaimed

'And for the last time Leo' she retorted 'We're all humans here! At least I'm used to being human!'

'Look Leo, I hate to admit it but April's got a point' D sighed 'she does have more experience functioning in a human body'

'Donnie...'

'I just think it'd be stupid not to bring her' Donnie continued

'No way!' I yelled 'she's gonna get herself killed, or worse, us! This is a quick in and out operation, inside Shredders lair incase you'd forgotten. We don't need another liability slowing us down'

'Hey!' April said angrily

'She's just as good as we are Raph, plus she's far better at staying, y'know, undamaged during a fight. Like I said before, April has a better handle on this whole human thing than we do'

'Leo?' I asked desperately

'Look Raph you may be right, but Donnie makes a good point' Leo rubbed his temple 'Fine, April you can come'

'Oh you have got to be kidding me' I growled

So here we were, the party of five on a death mission. What fun.

'Clear' April whispered

I ducked through the broken window after Leo.
We dropped lightly down into the centre of the room.

'This is all a little sus doncha think' Mikey whispered

'You do realise we're in Shredders lair, everything about this place is sus' Donnie said

'Good point'

'Keep it down!' Leo hissed

'Wheres the lab?' Don asked, getting us back on topic

'Why would you need the lab?' Mikey questioned

'To find the chemicals, genius' I muttered as I slapped him on the back of the head.