Early Pickup

Leo's POV

The sun peaked over horizon, flooding the city with the first rays of gold light.

We were all exhausted but we didn't stop running until the five of us were ten blocks away.

'Woah, that was AWESOME' Mikey yelled, dancing around in circles. How he still had energy, I had no idea.

'How long have you been holding in that victory dance' Raph sighed, but I could tell he was amused.

'How did we go?' I asked Donnie who stepped forward, holding a small tube of sickly yellow goop.

'That's it?' April said trying to keep the disgust out of her voice.

'Yup' Donnie said simply as he examined the tube.

'Ok so what do we do now?' Raph asked, looking around the group.

'Get foooood' Mikey whined,
Trust be told we were all thinking along the same lines

'I've got my wallet' April offered 'we could go to a cafe'

'Why do you have your wallet?' I asked, astonished 'you seriously bought it to shredders lair?!'

'What did you think there'd be a bake sale or something?' Raph snickered. The rest of us laughed.

'What, would you rather I didn't have it? I could just go home and you could fend for yourselves...' she trailed off

'NO!! Don't listen to those fools April!' Mikey yelped desperately,

*****

April wasn't kidding when she said this place was good

We sat out the front of a cafe, lounging in the sun.

'Ok so what do we do now' Raph asked,

I was about to suggest we go retrieve our weapons from their hiding place, but I was immediately glad I didn't.

'Yes, I was wondering the same thing punks' an oddly familiar voice said

All our heads swivelled and fixed on the dumpy cop who's fault it was we were enrolled in that school in the the first place.

'I don't see how that's any of your business' the hot head spat, standing up from his seat.

'Watch it twerp' the stuck up cop smirked 'I can put you in prison for life'

'No, you really can't' Donnie said, flicking a toothpick at the sorry excuse for law enforcement.

'Whatever I'm taking you to school, no waggin today kids'

A with that we were herded over then loaded into the police car.
Don't ask how we fit, I think that was a crime in it of itself. All I know is I was glad to get out.

As the our ride pulled back onto the street, I checked my watch.

It was only 8:10. I groaned in annoyance.

Our little exhausted gang stumbled onto campus, the few early arrivers glanced at us listlessly, like their brains hadn't fully turned on yet.

I empathised with them greatly.

Raph's POV

Geometry.

I hate geometry.

What even is geometry?

' Ok so if the radius of the semi circle is half th...' Leo began

'Uuuggghhhhh' I groaned loudly, banging my forehead onto the table.

The gang of girls,who we were purposefully avoided by sitting on the other side of the room, giggled stupidly. They been trying to pass us notes all class but no one around them was cooperating. Needless to say we never knew what those carefully folded slips said.

'Are most girls that vain?' I asked April

She grimaced, giving me an almost defiant glare 'they're really giving our gender a bad name'
I chuckled, propping my head up on my hands.

The lesson, like all other maths lessons I'd experience, was mind numbingly dull. My eyelids were heavy and I was just drifting of when a voice on the intercom caught my attention.

The lady talking into the speaker sounded oddly nervous.

'Ugh could Leo, purple, little one and hothead come to the front office, there's some-'

'and make it snappy' a familiar drawled voice cut it.

The speaker went silent.

So did the rest of the class, clearly that wasn't your typical notice.

'Fish face' I whispered angrily, though I did feel a little excited for a reason to leave.

'What are they doing here!' April hissed

'Probably looking for the vile we stole' Donnie answered, making sure our loot was still safely in his pocket.

'Ha they called you hothead' Mikey chortled
I kicked him from under the table.

'Ok you four' the teacher said carelessly 'you heard them, make it snappy'

We all stood.

'Miss O'Neil, may I ask what you are doing?'

'I'm going with-'

'I did not here you name in the announcement' our teacher snapped

The red head opened and closed mouth a few times before flopping back down in her seat angrily.

Donnie handed a small package, which I could only guess was the chemical, to April 'keep it safe' he whispered

I led the way to the door, like usual we were getting curious glances, the other three probably looked worried.

Once out of the stuffy room we practically ran through the halls.

No one stopped us.

My heart was racing with anticipation.

Leo took a deep breath before turning the final corner. The front office came into view, sure enough we were greeted with a full view of the huge zombie dog flirting with a rather horrified office lady. Xever trying to use the bubbler.

They turned when they heard us approaching.

'Ahhhhh turtles' Xever said

'Do we look like turtles to you fish face' Mikey said pointing at himself.

If it was possible the lady looked even more scared and confused, if she could've I'm sure she would have jumped the counter and run away screaming.

'Look at it logically' Rahzar smirked 'you don't have weapons, so you won't even have a fighting chance. Just give it up'

'Be a little bit more specific' Leo glared at the two mutants in front of us.

'You know what we mean tuuurtle' Xever hissed, whipping out his knives and pointing them in our direction.

'Hmmm, sorry to tell you but we don't have it anymore' Donnie said with mock sympathy

Dog pound growled, taking a step forward
'we'll see about that brats'

____________________

>:)

If you enjoyed this chapter lemme know! votes and comments make my day!