Bonds and Evolutions

A/N: I am never, I repeat never going to do another 6 on 6 battle with people on the same or similar skill level again. I will have one of Calem and Ash soon, but as I said, I'll only not write 6v6 battles when they are the same or similar skill level. Also, let's just say Paul here has moved on from his harsh training and treatment of Pokémon, because they got him through his tragedy, somewhat.

Third Person POV

"Thunder!"

"Thunderbolt!"

Both electric types unleashed volts of electricity that clashed in the field, sparks flying everywhere as the whole battlefield lit up from the flashes of lightning. Paul and Ash covered their eyes as the light show carried on.

"Use Iron tail!" The Kanto native shouted, arms still brought out in an x over his eyes. Pikachu followed his trainer's commands and charged forward, tail glowing.

"Counter with Thunder punch!" Electivire's fist buzzed with electricity as he dashed to meet Pikachu's iron tail head on, both attacks clashing, creating sparks from the friction as the two held their attacks against the other's, neither giving in. 

"Brick Break!"

"Use quick attack and get under his guard!"

The larger electric type swung his other arm out in an attempt to catch Pikachu by surprise, but the mouse Pokémon simply used his increased speed from quick attack to get under it, dodging the attack by inches. Pikachu landed on the floor and pivoted to face Electivire, before slamming into him, sending the thunderbolt Pokémon sliding away.

"Iron tail!" The two Trainers yelled in unison. The sounds of metal clashing with metal soon rang out as the two electric types parried each other's attacks over and over. 

"Electroball!"

"Stop it with thunder punch!"

Pikachu used the recoil from the latest clash of iron tails to flip and charge his electroball in mid air as he prepared to release it. Electivire quickly activated thunder punch and slammed his fist into the growing ball of electricity just before the yellow mouse could release it, creating an explosion that sent both flying back and leaving a smoke cloud. 

"Few can stand against my Electivire, but to say I'm surprised that Pikachu can would be a lie. He's got power and speed, but let's see if he can use that well enough... thunder all over the field!" 

"I assure you Paul, Pikachu can handle anything! Pikachu quick attack and dodge it! Use iron tail on any bolts that get too close and reflect them!"

Electivire roared as the sky darkened and the thunderstorm brewing sent lightning bolts all over the field, illuminating everything in a blinding light ever so often. Pikachu ran through the field, using his increased speed and metallic tail to deflect and dodge any incoming bolts of lightning. Ash saw a particularly large lightning bolt about to heading towards Pikachu and smirked at this.

"Pikachu keep that iron tail going and use electroball!"

"What're you playing at Ash?"

"Just you wait and see!"

With Electivire still using thunder, all Paul could do was hope for the best. Pikachu leapt into the air, his glowing tail starting to build up and electroball, spinning as the Mother of all lightning bolt approached. Instead of being struck down by the bolt however, the iron tail channeled the electricity through to the electroball, supercharging it and causing it to grow thrice as big as Pikachu.

"Oh crap! Electivire get out of there!"

But it was too late for the thunderbolt Pokémon as the mouse Pokémon unleashed the biggest electroball the world had seen straight at him. Electivire, still recovering from spending that much energy to fuel the thunder, had no time to react and could only watch as the electric type attack slammed into his face, creating a huge explosion and clouds of smoke. Shock waves were sent flying out as well as Electivire, who had loose electricity running through his body. The large electric type landed before Paul with a thud, completely exhausted and fainted. Pikachu also landed in front of Ash, struggling to keep his footing as the winds threatened to send him flying. The yellow mouse was panting from the battle, but grinning at the exhilaration of battling, something he hadn't had for a long time, and he was relishing it.