Celebration

Ash POV

"Vaniville High, I present to you your new Champion!"

I walked out onto the stage to the applause of the student body. I met Professor Sycamore with a handshake as I reached the center of the stage. Pikachu was making dramatic gestures of bowing and shrugging off the praises launched our way, making both em and the principal chuckle.

"Well Ash, it is my pleasure to present you with a reward for attaining the title of School Champion. Here is your very own Keystone." He took a multi-coloured orb out of his pocket, the size of a marble. "But like every other Champion, you will have to find your own Mega Stone. This is to just get you started."

(A/N: At this juncture I'd like to ask, which of Ash's Pokémon would you rather mega evolve? Also what are your favourite non-legendary Pokémon? Mine are Bisharp, Greninja and Gengar)

"Thank you Professor." I said as I received the stone and placed it in my own pocket. 

"Now, to prove your Champion status, here is the Vaniville High Champion Badge!" He announced as he raised up the badge for everyone to see, earning another round of applause, before passing it to me.

"Thank you, I won't let you down Professor!"

"Oh I'm sure you won't. Your performance in that battle was absolutely marvellous, especially with your Greninja. I've never seen Bond Phenomenon with my own eyes before. You are a one of a kind trainer." He said so only I could hear. "Now go celebrate with your friends." He turned back to the rest of the school and raise some the microphone to his mouth and announced, "School dismissed!"

After a series of whooping, people began to stream out of the auditorium as I headed down the stage, ready to go find my friends, but was instantly crowded by a group of students, who had questions, things to autograph and battle challenges. As much as I liked a good battle, I would much rather spend the rest of the day with my friends, but I was overwhelmed by the crowd that showed no signs of letting up. Suddenly, the door beside me opened and a hand shot out, dragging me through the door before it was slammed closed. 

"Phew... thanks." I heaved a sigh of relief. I turned to my saviour and was greeted by the sight of red. No not anger. He was literally wearing all red. Red cap, just like me, a red vest, red shoes and even a red band on his wrist that shined with something I couldn't make out in the dark.

"Glad to help. I know what's it like after all." I looked up at him confused, still unable to make out his features in the dark. 

"Come on, follow me, we'll get with introductions later." He gestured for me to follow over his shoulder and so I did. The door we entered connected to the backstage, and we went to the exit of it, reaching the school corridor. As soon as we did he turned to face me, his grey eyes and black hair now made visible.

"Name's Red." He said as he stretched out a hand. I stiffened a little hearing his name. 

"Ash Ketchum." I replied with a handshake, once I calmed my nerves.

"So my friends have been bugging me to ask you this since you won that battle against Calem. So my friends and I, we're kind of the popular kids in school, and we wanted to know if you'd like to join our group and hang with us?" I blinked. They wanted me to join the popular kids in school? I heard of them and I was glad to hear they weren't the elitist or the snobby types, so joining would be fine. But it wouldn't.

"Sorry but I already have a group of friends. They welcomed me to school and everything so I'm gonna stay with them. It's not that I don't appreciate the offer, it's just that..." I trailed off, trying to think of the proper words.