Battle Begin!

Serena POV

The gang and I made our way up onto the bleachers, joined by Bonnie and Greninja. The 7 year old's school had an outbreak of measles, so it was closed for the day, and since their Father was busy, Clemont decided to bring her to school today. As soon as we found out, Greninja let himself out of his Pokéball, insisting on keeping Bonnie company for the day. So here we are, weaving through the crowd of students assembled, earning weird looks as we walked with the ninja Pokémon. Normally, Pokémon Battle class would be a class affair, but seeing as how the school Champion was challenged, the first period was given to watch the battle. The atmosphere was buzzing with snide remarks and comments on Ash's apparent humiliating loss. 

"The new kid hasn't even battled and he wants to take on the school champion?! Yeah right."

"Who does he think he is?"

"He'll regret challenging Calem this morning."

Flashback...

As the gang met up at our usual spot just outside the school gate, Paul and Ash joined us, with Ash looking energetic as ever. Paul  however, looked slightly uneasy, though I dismissed it, focusing on keeping myself as far away from Ash as possible. If I did have a crush on him, I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself in anyway I know I would.

"So you're gonna challenge Calem today right?" Gary asked.

"Yeah, in fact I'm gonna do it now. Drew I hope you're prepared." Ash said with a grin as he marched into the school compound. After Drew gave out a sigh, we followed after the raven haired trainer until he crossed paths with the school champion and bully. 

"Hey Calem."

"Oh look it's Ketchup! What do I owe the pleasure you coward?"

"I challenge you to a battle!" The Kanto native stood confident as Calem looked at him stunned. The bully quickly straightened himself up, and a smirk made its way to his face. 

"Oh you're on, and prepare to lose! Haha! I bet your only Pokémon is that weak little Pikachu of yours!" He taunted as he walked away, his gang in tow. Ash and Pikachu stayed grinning, confident they would make him eat his words.

I looked over at Paul who just chuckled hearing the comments. The group were also fighting back smiles, glad to finally witness someone beat Calem. I just smiled, hoping the bully would learn a lesson.

"The battle you are about to witness is between the school champion, Calem Xavier, and the challenger, Ash Ketchum! If the challenger is to beat the champion, he will take over the title. This will be a 6 on 6 battle. Trainers, please bring out your Pokémon!" Professor Sycamore, our principal, said through the microphone. Both Ash and Calem took their spots on opposite ends of the battlefield, receiving cheers as they each took out a Pokéball. 

"Prepare to lose Ass Ketchup!"

"Have a good battle to you too." Ash rolled his eyes.

"Chesnaught, show him why we're the champs!"

"Pikachu, ready to go?"

"Pika!"

The spiny armour Pokémon materialised on the field as Ash's starter jumped off his shoulder.

"Battle BEGIN!" And with that the attacks started flying.

"Chesnaught vine whip!"

"Use quick attack and dodge it!"

The grass and fighting type unleashed two vines that shot towards Pikachu, who started sprinting straight for them, but at the last second ducked under them and made its way over the to Kalos starter.