New Bonds

A/N: I'm bored so what you guys doing now? You guys under lockdown or anything? My day is essentially Wattpad and work.

Greninja POV

I landed on the ground as gently as I could. Once I caught my breath I stood straight up and helped the blond girl into a standing position, only to see her trembling, with fear etched on her face. She suddenly burst into tears and hugged me. I was shocked at first, but then I crouched down to her level and returned the embrace, letting her cry on my shoulder. She was terrified, and needed to feel safe, and until her brother was here, I would comfort her. I knew this feeling more than anyone, and I always had her to support me, to keep me safe...

Flashback

"Ursarrriiiinnnnnggggg!" The hibernator Pokémon swing a claw out and send me flying back into a tree. I struggled to stand up, only to see his claw glow with a white aura as he brought it down towards me, and I close my eyes, bracing for the impact. 

"Barrier!" I heard just before the thunderous roar of the impact echoed through the forest. I stood quivering on the sport for awhile, before realising I wasn't hit. I opened an eye to see a glowing blue barrier in front of me, stopping the hammer arm. Ursaring tried striking down again, but started to glow blue as he floated into the air, before being slammed down hard, knocking him out. I was still scared out of my skin, and backed up against the tree, curling into a ball. I shut my eyes tight, still feeling the pain from the attacks dealt. Then I felt the warmth of two hands as they pulled me into someone's chest. "Oh froakie, it's ok now. It's ok. It's ok." Delia whispered as I started crying. "I'm here now, and I'll always keep you safe, and I know when you train and become stronger, you'll do the same. But for now don't go wondering off into the forest alone." She said as concern covered her face. I nodded as I wiped away tears, determined to always protect her, as she did me.

Yet I failed, I couldn't return the favour when she needed me the most. But I won't fail another now. I'll protect Ash and his friends. I'll protect everyone, Pokémon and human alike, from the scum of the earth that took her away from Ash, from Pikachu, from all of his Pokémon, and from me. 

"Th-Thank yo-you..." Bonnie said between sobs. I just hugged tighter to let her know she was safe, and soon her trembling stopped, and she wiped away the last of her tears. She looked up at me and her bloodshot eyes widened when she realised who I was. "You're... you're the 'Crying Greninja'..." She said in bewilderment, while I face palmed. I hated that name. I heard her giggle and I looked back at her to see an innocently genuine smile on her face. "You don't like that name much do you?" I shook my head. "Don't worry, I'll find you another name. It's the least I can do to thank you." She chirped. I chuckled at the sight. 

"Bonnie? Bonnie? Bonnie!" Clemont emerged from the elevator and whipped his head left and right trying to find his sister, before finally seeing her and me walking towards him. He quickly ran over and wrapped her in a hug. "I'm sorry! I should've kept a closer eye on you... but I didn't... and you... you almost..." the blonde started crying as Bonnie simply hugged back. "It's ok, I'm perfectly fine, thanks to him." She said as she broke the embrace and pointed at me. Clemont straightened himself up before bowing and thanking me, to which I stopped him, giving him a nod to accept his thanks.

"Oh yeah, Ash is probably getting grilled by the group right now up there, so you might wanna help him." I realised then what just occurred, and that the entire gang had seen me in my bond form. 'Ah crap, this is gonna be a long night' I thought to myself.

Serena POV

"So you're the person who's been saving people from street thugs, gangsters and muggers?" Gary asked, articulating every word clearly, as if Ash wouldn't understand.