2

Taehyung walked into their new headquarters with Namjoon next to him to be greeted by three other agents, most probably the members of the Special Task Force, Taehyung reckoned.

"Okay may I have your attention," Namjoon said as he cleared his throat. "I am the Assistant Director of the FBI, Kim Namjoon and let me make this very clear. This Special Task Force will remain a secret as it concerns National Security. We will have to work with a criminal, more like a well-known fugitive, Jeon Jungkook. I hope everything is clear. Does anybody have anything to say?"

"Sir, why will we work with a fugitive? Especially the one we've all been looking for?" Yoongi, the hacker asked with an emotionless expression on his face. It was clear that Yoongi hated this. "You do realise that we will be excusing all of his crimes, ALL of them." He continued and emphasized on the fact that they would actually be providing the criminal with immunity.

"And I am sure he will become a liability at some point. We cannot risk all that Agent Kim. I hope you understand the danger we're putting ourselves in." Jimin, the agent from the CIA added. After all, it wasn't easy to accept the fact that they would be working with a criminal, the most wanted fugitive.

"I know how dangerous this is and I was against it as well. It's the order of the higher officials, Agent Park and Agent Min, from Edgar Hitchin, the National Security Advisor. Surely we can't defy him, or do you think otherwise?" Namjoon asked raising his eyebrows. 

"We have to work together, there's no other option Agents. So I suggest you deal with it and get your asses to work. Your doubts and disagreements won't change anything. The sooner we finish this crap, the better for us." Seokjin said, clearly irritated with all the fuss going on while Taehyung just watched everyting quietly.

"I am Agent Kim Taehyung. Can I talk to Jeon now? Apparently I am a person of his interest. Let me see what he has on me." A certain deep-voice made everyone turn around and look at the male who spoke.

"This way Kim," Namjoon said as he directed Taehyung towards the room Jungkook was kept in. Slowly, Taehyung stepped inside and looked at the dark-haired man in front of him. Taehyung was captivated by the man, to say the least. He was gorgeous in Taehyung's opinion. Perfect body, innocent yet notorious doe eyes and beautiful pink lips. Taehyung turned around and motioned Namjoon to leave him alone with the man. 

"Ah TaeTae, I was waiting for you to come," Jungkook said smirking at the other while Taehyung resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Don't call me TaeTae. Why did you say you wanted me to be here? Who are you, Jeon?" Taehyung questioned him as calmly as possible even though every cell in his body was burning, with heat or anger, he didn't know. After all, this man was oozing with sexual appeal.

"Oh TaeTae, no exchange of pleasantries? How devastating, love," he said making Taehyung glare at him. "How is Jeong-hu? Is he taking care of himself TaeTae?"

Taehyung's eyes widened at that. He felt his entire world crashing down as soon as he heard his dad's name. His knees felt weak and his lower lip slightly trembled. "How the hell do you know about my dad, Jeon?" 

Jungkook chuckled once again, "Oh I know everything about you, TaeTae. Let's talk diplomatically, shall we?" He said, more like ordered and Taehyung had no other choice but to comply to the other's wish.

"How do you know so much about me?" Taehyung asked trying to sound as bold as possible. He couldn't let the man know he felt intimidated by him.

"Trying to be brave, huh? That's cute TaeTae. What about the scar on your waist? To your left, I suppose," he said. "Your father, more like, your biological father gave it to you."

"How do you know all this? ANSWER ME!" He yelled hoping to get an answer but again, Jungkook just shook his head and chuckled, "You never learn, do you TaeTae? Tell me about the scar. Maybe you'll get some answers then," he said.

"We-we were in a car accident. I don't remember what exactly happened but, it was some sharp object. My parents died that very day and Jeong-hu, he adopted me," Taehyung replied. Jungkook's eyes were blank. There wasn't the usual glint of sarcasm or cynicism, just blank and emotionless.

"What if, it wasn't an accident TaeTae? Maybe, it was a murder," Jungkook pointed out with a very robotic voice and immediately, Taehyung leaned closer to his face. Jungkook could feel Taehyung's hot breath on his skin and it sent tingles down his spine.

"If you know something, then tell me Jeon. Stop going around in circles." Taehyung seethed, his face inches away from the other. "Believe me TaeTae, I would. But your beauty, is kind of distracting me from saying anything," he replied grinning widely.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, stepped back and sat down. He tapped his foot on the floor, quite violently while Jungkook kept staring at him. "Why did come here and surrender yourself?" He asked. "For you," Jungkook replied.

"For me? That's a very vague answer Jeon," Taehyung said as he got up from the chair and walked closer to Jungkook, stopping right beside his chair and leaned against the desk with his arms crossed.

"TaeTae, we share a mutual enemy. I think you should focus on that. Especially when they're all out to get YOU," Jungkook said affirmatively and again, Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"I am an FBI agent, Jeon. What will happen to me?" He replied chuckling at the other's revelation. "Well, for instance, they killed your biological parents and they will kill you too. I am here to protect you, TaeTae. I think you should cooperate," Jungkook said, in a softer tone than his usual cynical and gruff tone.

"I don't need your protection Jeon," Taehyung said harshly. "Who is you enemy? Just let me know that and we will get rid of him as well as you."

"Fine. But I will protect you at all costs TaeTae. Now, remove these handcuffs, will you? And give me a phone. I need to call my associate," he said. Taehyung removed the handcuffs and handed him his phone.

"Hoseok, you know where to come, I suppose," Jungkook said and after what seemed like he recieved the answer, he ended the phone call and handed the phone back to Taehyung. "Let's get going, shall we TaeTae?" Jungkook smirked and allowed Taehyung to lead him out of the room.

Namjoon approached Jungkook and introduced him to the agents of the task force. "This is Agent Kim Seokjin," Namjoon said pointing towards his husband. "And that is Agent Min Yoongi and the short one over there is Agent Park Jimin from the CIA," he continued and looked at Jungkook.

"It has been a while Jiminie! Still short as ever I see," Jungkook said and laughed loudly earning a scoff from Jimin. "Fuck you too."

"So agents, let's begin the adventure, shall we?"

|||

(BY PASTAELWRITING)

Hey Pastaels! What do you feel about Taekook's first interaction? Let me know in the comments! Borahae <3