12

"Do you want to talk about this with someone?"

"I don't know Jungkook. I need time to process it and I need someone's help to do it. Most probably, I'll tell Joonie or Jinnie. They should know," Taehyung replied, as he ran his fingers through the other's hair. "They deserve to know. They're the only brother figures in my life and they really should know about this."

"I understand TaeTae. But, just.... be careful love. You don't know whom to trust and when someone can betray you." Jungkook pointed out and though the fact that Jungkook didn't trust Namjoon or Seokjin angered Taehyung a bit, he simply nodded because he knew that Jungkook didn't know the other two males that well and it was only natural for him not to trust them that easily.

Jungkook moved his hands to cup the older's face as he slowly leaned in and placed his lips on the older's for a chaste kiss. He felt his eyes prickle with tears but he held them in and slowly opened his eyes to look at the boy in front of him. "I am sorry for not telling you, Taehyung. You have to remember things yourself. I don't want you to feel pressured to remember them. I can't lose you too. I just can't."

"Hey..... you will not lose me Kook. I am an FBI agent. I am not that weak," Taehyung stated with a small chuckle as he continued to play with the other's hair. "I know I can get through this. I know we can get through this Kook. But if I don't remember the whole thing, then I want you to tell me the truth yourself. I don't want to hear it from somebody else."

Jungkook smiled as he said, "I will personally make sure of that, Tae. But, I want you to promise me something."

"What is it Jungkook-ah?" Taehyung asked, his mouth slightly open making Jungkook think of all the sinful things he wanted to do to the other. Keeping those thoughts aside, Jungkook looked into the older's eyes as he held his hands gently.

"Do not believe anything or anyone. Especially, if it is about me. Rumours tend to fly a lot and I don't want you to believe any of them. Because, they are all lies," Jungkook said, earning a comforting nod from Taehyung. "A lot of people, bad people are looking for you Tae. I absolutely cannot afford risking your life."

"I think I will be able to protect myself, Jungkook. You are always here too. We will have each other's backs, darling. We will get through this together." Taehyung replied with his signature smile, making Jungkook's heart melt.

"I know we will, angel. I know we will."

Both of them walked out of the room with bright smiles adorning their faces making the others in the room suspicious about them.

"Did something happen Taehyung?" Namjoon asked, raising one of his brows. But, Taehyung just shook his head while Jungkook was back with his smirk. "I will tell you guys tonight, don't worry!" Taehyung whispered into Jin's ear, earning an approving nod from the man. Taehyung flashed a small smile before turning around and walking to Hoseok with Jungkook next to him.

"What happened? Why are you both so happy? And whipped for each other or something?" Hoseok immediately asked, making Taehyung choke on air and start coughing while Jungkook quickly handed him a glass of water. Taehyung grabbed the glass and immediately finished the water in it and turned to look at Hoseok.

"Dude, at least give me a warning prior to saying stuff like that," Taehyung said gritting his teeth, making Hoseok grin. "Especially in front of everyone. I get it that you're Jungkook's best friend and all but like, I didn't even tell Seokjin and Namjoon yet. But one thing, I am really scared as to how they'll react."

"Why would you say something like that TaeTae? My poor heart can't-"

"Jeon Jungkook, do that again and I will personally ensure that Namjoon kills you right in front of my eyes." Taehyung said but just earned a shrug from the younger. Jungkook slowly turned to face Taehyung properly and started leaning in before he felt Taehyung, place his hand on his chest. "Do you have a death wish?" Jungkook immediately burst out laughing loudly making Taehyung roll his eyes before he too joined him.

"Ahem," Hoseok said as he pretended to clear his throat which caused both Taehyung and Jungkook to stop laughing and glance at him. "Why are you scared of how Namjoon or Seokjin might react, Taehyung? Isn't it normal to have a boyfriend or girlfriend?"

"It's not about that Hobi. Last time I checked, Namjoon is not really fond of Jungkook and neither is Seokjin. And also, given their history, I feel it is really impossible for them to ever make up. Like have you seen them? They literally hate each other." Taehyung replied with a sad smile.

"Then I will convince them." Jungkook said, his voice loud and clear. Hoseok looked at the two of them and smiled. He knew, if Jungkook decides to do something, then he definitely would, especially if it was related to Taehyung in any way. Hoseok knew how much Taehyung meant to Jungkook and what all Jungkook could do for the boy, which sometimes actually scared him. Yet, he knew Jungkook would never do anything wrong or something way out of line.

"We found a match, Kook," a silky and smooth male voice said, making Jungkook whip his head towards the voice. "It has always been in our database, but we failed to notice it. We were checking the wrong things all the time. Rostova has been under our nose all this time. We did not catch her."

Jungkook felt his blood boil when he heard Taemin say that. Sunmi's eyes now portrayed a slight fear while Taehyung didn't know what to do. Yoongi walked towards Taemin and peered into the man's laptop to find a match he didn't expect to see. In fact, he never expected that the person had been under the FBI's nose for such a long time, proving that she indeed was a Russian spy with clever antics hired by the KGB to spy on the States.

"Well, never knew it was this bitch. I always knew she was a bitch though," Jimin spoke up, as he stood beside Yoongi peering to the laptop screen. "Well, time to catch that traitor. Or, should I say, the most loyal employee of the KGB who managed to deceive our government?"

"It's not that easy, Park. She is a high rated official and it won't be easy for us to actually catch her red handed or find a proof at that," Yoongi pointed out, earning a sigh from Taehyung. "What's with you sighing around the place Kim? Got any solution?"

Yoongi looked at Taehyung with one of his eyebrows raised, making Jungkook a tad bit offended. Jimin gripped Yoongi's hand while Hoseok did the same to Jungkook. On the other hand, Taehyung seemed to be in deep thought until something clicked in his brain.

"That. Is. It. I got the plan, Min. I do have a solution but, it might prove to be a risky step for us to take and I really don't know if Namjoon will agree. I personally feel it's worth a shot though." Taehyung finally said as his eyes glowed with a hopeful glint. Jimin and Yoongi exchanged glances before walking with Taehyung and Jungkook into the Assistant Director's room.

|||

(BY PASTAELWRITING)

Hey Pastaels! I am so sorry for updating so late. I haven't been well lately and it's more like mental health. But now, I am fine and back to updating! I am so sorry to keep you all waiting! Lots and lots and lots of love to you all!

Do vote, comment and share my story! It's so awesome to see 1.8k reads on my story and never in the world did I expect this to happen! Thank you sooooo much dearest readers! Borahae! <3

8k reads on my story and never in the world did I expect this to happen! Thank you sooooo much dearest readers! Borahae! <3