~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 1~

'Here we go again' I sighed as I entered the Great Hall and sat down at the Slytherin Table. The Great hall began to flood with students, awaiting for the first years to arrive.

The Sorting Ceremony was like every year before. Students were sorted and Dumbledore gave the same boring speech as always. As boring as all this was, Hogwarts was my home. Every year was a new exciting experience. My life out of school wasn't so great, Hogwarts was the only place that felt like home.

As the Feast began, everyone piled food upon their plates. I wasn't very hungry,seeing as I hadn't had much of an appetite lately. I sat quietly picking at the food upon my plate until the feat was finally over.

                                       ~*~*~*~

"Y/N?!" A voice called from behind me.
"Oh my God, Makenna?"
Makenna Richardsons was my best friend. She was a tall pale Hufflepuff with Auburn hair and beautiful brown eyes.

"What happened? I wrote to you all summer!" She said pulling me into a warm embrace. "I'm so sorry, it was my parents." She pulled away with a look of disgust lingering upon her face. " Screw them Y/N" I giggled. She took my hand and we started walking once more.

On our way to our dormitories, we talked about our classes and the hottest gossip around school. Makenna was always a drama queen but, I didn't mind the constant ranting. " ok, wait. I have Charms with you.. 3rd Period. Oh, and Potions 1st."
I had always been good at potions, as a matter of fact it was probably my favorite class. It had always interested me. "Did you hear about Denis? He is dating Cynthia Brown. Like, I would've never thought ya know?" Makenna went on. I laughed and shook my head. "I'll see you in the morning Y/N." Makenna said stopping in front of the entrance to her common room. "Ok, night. I'll meet up with you in the great hall for break fast." I smiled and continued walking making my way to the dungeons.

                                   ~*~*~*~*

I slipped into an oversized T-Shirt and sat down on my bed. I pulled a book from my trunk and opened it. The books Title read 'Romeo and Juliet'. One of the few Muggle books that I've enjoyed. I was always the old poetry, or romance stuff. Others don't really get it but, I've always found it to be interesting. I gently skimmed the text with my fingers taking in every word, until finally I fell asleep.

A/N: Word count 436
Another chapter will be up soon♡