Chap 5

Manik was busy greeting his seniors & colleagues he crossed path with... or rather pretended to be.

Cause his mind was still stuck on her & eyes looking out for her, meeting Mr & Mrs Murthy had already slipped off his mind & he could hardly focus on others.

When he was busy pretending to be busy, Mr Murthy patted his shoulder after approaching him. Startled at that, like a thief gets when he's caught red-handed, he immediately turned back to see who it was.

Seeing it was Mr Murthy, Manik immediately straightened himself & greeted him with a salute. While Mr Murthy smiled saluting him back.

"So you couldn't let this old man's wish down huh.", Mr Murthy teased.

Manik smiled at that. And Mr Murthy added, "How's my son doing?!"

"Work is going on good Uncle and everything is quite settled at office for now."

Shaking his head in disbelief, Mr Murthy said hopelessly, "Life is not only about Navy, man. I'm asking how's your personal life going on? Koi larki mili ya nhi iss charming se officer ko?"

Manik laughed casually at that & nodded in negative saying he is happy in his life and no one is needed for now...

Cause Manik never wanted to be in temporary, casual flings with anyone just for timepass or for flaunting that 'oh I've a girlfriend'.

He was quite determined that, if he ever dated anyone, he would be that sure & serious about that relationship, that he'd see himself getting old with that very girl!

"No worries, I'll be waiting for that day when I'll get to hear something different as your answer someday.", chuckled Mr Murthy.

While these two men were busy chit-chatting, Nandini called out, "Pops! Mom is looking for you there." pointing at the place her mom was in.

"Ok ok. But you meet someone first."

Nandini who had not noticed him until now, looked at him as her dad turned her towards that guy.

Nandini got lost in those eyes which were already looking at her, eyes those felt so familiar that they knew those pair of eyes since forever.

For him, the girl standing in front of him was no less than a Goddess itself. Her almond shaped black orbs, cute small nose, pouty lips, mole under brows & jet black silky natural curls which reached up to her lower back, her small height & petite frame made her look like a beautiful, fragile glass doll.

For her, the guy standing in front of her was no less than a Greek God. His deep chocolate brown eyes which carried an ocean inside it, that sharp jaw,  pointed nose, perfectly jelled hair, naturally pink lips & the mole above it made him look so desirable.

Their chains of thought were broken, when Mr Murthy said, "Meet my best cadet back then & one of Indian Navy's best officers, Lieutenant Manik Malhotra. Your Malhotra Uncle's son. I hope you can recall him?!"

Nandini was dumbfounded.

The guy she used to play silly pranks on, the guy she used to call laddoo, just to tease him for his bulkiness, was the same handsome guy she was gushing untill now.

And he couldn't believe that she was the same cute, short, chubby girl whom he saw back when he was 13. The girl he had a teeny tiny crush on, was the same stylish girl standing in front of him right now, who made him flat all over again even after all these years have already passed by.

~•~
A/N: Extremely sorry for this small update.. I'm just a bit caught up as we're shifting to a new house..
And there would be 3 updates this week.
2 down, 1 more to go. And that'll be up soon!🤗