Chap 20

Currently, they were preparing for an elite dinner & a gala party by the pool side.

Nandini wore a flowy black frock with gorgeous net work paired with a small platinum earrings & bracelet, she looked gorgeous.

Manik was decked up in a plain jet black jacket & trousers with a grey tee. He looked desirable.

Simplicity is what made them elegant. In a world of showing oneself the best, people usually forget there's a very thin line between what you show and what you truly are. And people often tend to cross that line and corrupt the meaning of a real beauty.

The speakers blasted music just the way Manik hated. But he couldn't just leave from there. Reason? Nandini. Actually Aryaman's presence beside Nandini to be precise.

Where was the girl he came to the trip with? And which part of 'she is dating me' did he not understand? Chipku, Manik murmured under his breath.

Wait. Why was he acting like a jealous possessive boyfriend? He was just supposed to be her 'fake' boyfriend, whenever and wherever she wanted him to be. He wasn't in a real relationship with her anyways.

If she was happy with Aryaman, he was no one to stop her from doing the same.

And from the point and state of mind he saw her, she seemed happy.

All these decisions of his mind crashed down into pieces when his mighty heart stepped in. 'Malhotra, see how he's holding your girl!', his heart complained. 'She's not MY girl. We're only faking it.', Manik cleared it out as if his heart didn't know him. Lol who was he kidding to? 'Ya yaa. But she was here with YOU as her partner, you moron. Go and show that chipku who actually has a right on her.', his heart suggested.

Before his stupid mind could say something, he found his legs already started taking him to his destination. He picked 2 drinks from the drinks corner on the way.

"By the way, where's Manik, Nandini? Didn't see him since evening..", Aryaman asked to clear his suspections, which he had been having since the day he met Manik at the cafe.

Fuck. She didn't know where he was either. "Err... Maybe getting ready now..", she said scanning the whole area.

Aryaman chuckled evilly saying, "You don't know where your date is? Unbelievable much." Nandini looked here and there not having an answer as she heard him say, "Call him no. Ask him where he is?"

Double fuck.. she doesn't have his freaking number. They had always been contact through landline or directly meeting and exchanging numbers literally skipped their minds. She fidgeted with her dress material as she heard that soothing yet havoc creating voice.

"Here's a special drink, for my special lady.", Said Manik as he forwarded her a champagne flute towards her dramatically bowing down.

She giggled taking that as she inaudibly sighed.

Well Aryaman, was totally dejected by his presence and Manik could see it clearly. Aryaman was busy glaring at Manik which he completely ignored as he took Nandini by a side hug.

Aryaman left with a tight lipped smile mouthing a 'talk to you later' to Nandini. Manik looked to his side finally getting some lone time with this gorgeous lady who looked even more desirable with the slight red hue on her rosy cheeks.

"You look breathtakingly gorgeous milady.", he whispered right in her ears. She shivered visibly.

"Where had you been?", she asked with slight frown lines on her forehead.

"I thought you were supposed to compliment me back? Or just thank me? Kya din aagaye hai oof.", he said dramatically.

"Done? Now shoot!", she almost ordered.