Chap 16

A/N: Selfishly hoping you all remember me and missed my story.🙈
_________________________

Entering the office premises, he rushed to his cabin. As he was already running late of time. But unknown to himself, he didn't curse himself for being late this time.

Just as he was going to step in, a hand blocked his way. Looking up to have a look at the owner of that hand, his expression turned into a bored one. Rolling his eyes, he jerked the hand away muttering, "Move."

"One second one second. Why to hurry?", said Cabir with a visible smirk playing on his lips.

"What man? Aren't you getting late? Lunch break is over almost 5 minutes back!", Manik said in a tired tone.

"Nada! I ain't getting late boy!!", he replied. As if he was the chief, making Manik roll his eyes.

"Admin sir has called us in his cabin.. he wanted discus a few issues. And that means, we have more 5 minutes in our hands.", he said smirking, since the admin's office was on the building in front and they can easily make excuses for reaching a bit late. "So? Anything you wanna inform?", he asked.

Manik raised his brows, shrugging his shoulders, "What are you talking about?"

"The Manik The Malhotra wasn't found in the mess during lunch break today.. Where was he?"

Manik straightened himself. "Err I was out for some important work..", he replied looking here and there.

"What 'important' work came that you readily accepted to skip your lunch for that?"

"Why are you asking so many questions? We don't have time, let's go.", saying he made his way to the Admin's office, not giving another chance for him to speak.

"You went to meet Nandu bro. But that's not the thing.. the thing is, why are you trying to hide it? Agent Cabir, get ready for your duty!", Cabir said staring at Manik's retreating figure, scratching his chin.

Flashback:

"Why are you so callous Nandu?", Cabir groaned in irritation. Cause he had to spend his only free time during office hours to deliver the house keys to his sister, as she forgot to take it while leaving for work in a hurry.

Cabir who was almost running to save some time for having lunch, came to a halt and eyes almost popped out of the sockets. He couldn't trust his own eyes. THE 'NEVER BEING WITH A GIRL' MANIK MALHOTRA HOLDING THE 'NEVER GIVING A DAMN TO ANY GUY' NANDINI MURTHY THAT WAY?? AND DRAGGING HER TO A SECLUDED PLACE??? It was definitely giving him a hell lot of feels. It was surely a breaking news!!

He walked ahead smirking at the new found 'hot news', reached her counter, kept the keys in the locker and made his way back. Whatever was going on, he needed to find out. Cause it was definitely not the Manik and Nandini he knew, or maybe, what they showed..

Back to the present:

Nandini was attending the customers absentmindedly.. Seeing her out of the zone, Jeff said being concerned, "You don't seem alright. What's wrong bro?"

Firstly, it was her first day of the cycle and secondly, she still couldn't figure out and was confused about what he meant by the last lines he spoke before leaving.

So she informed her that she was feeling a bit unwell and was tired. To which Jeff immediately replied, "Go home, take some rest. There aren't much customers for now, I can handle. You go!"

She left bidding adieu, giving a flying kiss and muttering an 'I love you'.

Reaching almost half the way, she realized she didn't take the keys which she had asked Cabir to bring. She didn't even see him at the cafe, and was confused if he even came or that slipped out of his mind..