Chap 30

Her eyes stopped roaming around and stuck at the entrance of the ship. There he was. Plasters in the forehead, hand, and leg, and a crutch supporting him to walk. Without thinking twice, she ran up to him.

"What do you think this behavior is, Manik? Do you know, I was so worried? Especially when I heard the ship came across an accident. I couldn't contact you for the past 3 days. No emails, no calls. I was searching for you everywhere. And then you decide to make me wait for the longest and come out with all these stupid plasters on? Do you know how much I love you?"

He didn't answer any of her questions. She was annoyed, and he couldn't but smile making her even more annoyed. "I love you too.", he whispered.

Then only she realized what she actually blurted as crimson shade adorned her cheeks. He couldn't control the urge to lean below and drop a kiss on her cheeks, making her cheeks take a deeper shade. He nuzzled on her ear and slowly said, "I love it when you blush. Especially when the reason is me."

She couldn't take it anymore. She wrapped her arms around his neck and face dipped in the crook of his neck. He wrapped his plastered arm around her and the other one was holding the crutch. The hug was surely not the most comfortable hug for him, as his leg was already paining, but that pain was nothing compared to the warmth, comfort, affection, and love he felt at that very moment.

"I'm still angry.", she complained still being in the hug. He smiled.

"Oh no! Then what should I do to melt this anger?"

"From the next time, I want you to be the first one coming out of the ship. Anyday, anywhere, or in any mission, you go on. Okay?", she demanded making him smile.

"Okay.", he assured.

A few moments later, they heard someone coughing or should I say fake coughing to catch their attention. Manik rolled his eyes already knowing who that might be and broke the hug just to see Cabir standing there with a teasing smug on his face. Nandini started looking here and there not knowing what Cabir might be thinking right now.

"What is going on here, Nandini?" Nandini? Now it was serious. He never calls her 'Nandini' unless he's angry at her and his anger was something Nandini could never deal with.

"Bh- bhai woh- I was-", she stammered.

"Why are you pulling my girlfriend's leg? You nosy creature!", Manik said taking Nandini in a side hug and Cabir burst out laughing. Only if he wasn't wearing the white uniform, he'd have literally been rolling on the ground by now. And Nandini's expressions were unexplainable.

"Yaar Manik, why did you spoil the fun? Did you see her expressions? Oh, my Gawd." and started laughing again holding his stomach. Soon his joker face was gifted with a slap. Nandini was looking at him with invisible flames coming out of her ears in anger, just like it shows in Tom and Jerry.

"I hate you so much, Bhai.", she whined hugging him.

"Feelings are mutual, dear sister.", he said smiling, enclosing the hug.

"I missed you.", she said. "By the way, what happened in the sea that I don't know?", she asked hinting at the story behind the revelation about them being in a relationship.

"I'll tell everything to you later. For now, I've to take this 'mummy' to the hospital and find out what exactly happened. And probably get more plasters on?", Cabir joked. Manik shook his head in disbelieve. Nandini cringed her brows.

"I wanna come along too.", she demanded.

Cabir straight forward said no. "Nandini, it's nothing serious. You don't have to take the stress. Go home, I'll be back in an hour.", Manik said softly to make her understand.