15

This shit broke my heart yo.. Hearing Kelly's cries literally gave me chills. Daryl's reaction to the cave caving into them, seeing him cry. When Daryl cries we all cry. I hate that whenever Daryl gets a love interest something always happens to them. So far it's just been Beth and Connie. And i hate it bc we all know how long it takes for him to open up to someone. 🥺🥺

HE LEARNED A NEW LANGUAGE FOR CONNIE DUDE CMONNN 😭😭 When's my baby gonna be happy 🥺

>>Word count; 1164<<

~Katherine's pov~

I opened my eyes feeling a hand on my thigh. I looked over to see Daryl sitting down next to me. We were all just taking a small break, trying to think of what to do next and where to go. We don't know how big this cave was or if we were even close to the surface. He rubbed my thigh a bit, "You good.?" He asked bringing his knees up slightly. I was sitting with my legs crossed, I nodded a bit looking forward. I was overthinking, way too much right now. I was trying not to but the more I tried not to think about it, the more I thought about us dying in here, and of Luna and Grayson. He looked forward as well, "What'd she say to you." He said, I rested my head on the wall behind me, closing my eyes. "That's what this is about right.? 'Bout what she said back there. You haven't said shit." He said looking at me again.

"Carol already cried to me, my turn to be your shrink so if you gotta cry do it." He said. I opened my eyes, smiled a bit and looked over to him. He looked at me too and smiled a bit. "I'm serious." He said. I sighed a bit and licked my lips slightly as our smiles faded. "Talk to me." He said softly. "She said Leave me again." I said looking at him. He kept looking at me, "That just- I don't know whether to be mad or sad. Mostly sad right now because I don't think we're getting out.. And I'm actually leaving her this time.. So.." I said softly and looked forward. "Nah.. we're gettin' out.. All of us." He said. "Please be realistic..." I said softly. "We're getting out. I promise." He said. I looked over to him. "Don't promise me.." i said. "I'm promisin' you because we're gettin' out. One way or another but we're gettin' out." He said and held my hand.

I held it back. "And when we get out. You tell 'er what actually went down. Or have you told her already.?" He asked. I shook my head. "Not fully.. I told her i lost her but apparently she's been lying and saying it's okay.. She's not over it and I never- noticed it.." I said softly and looked down at our hands. "What kind of mom doesn't realize her kid isn't okay with something..?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. ".. A bad one." I said softly. "Nah.. now you're just beatin' yourself up." He said.

I looked at him again and shrugged. "What if we don't get out..?" I asked softly. "We will, stop thinking we won't because we will." He said shaking his head. I nodded slightly, ".. Okay.." I whispered. I didn't really believe it but it's what he wanted to hear so I gave it to him. "Alright..?" He repeated. I nodded a bit, "Okay," I repeated, He leaned in and rested his forehead against mine, closing his eyes. I closed my eyes too, still holding his hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows a bit feeling my heart race slightly. He let my hand go and brought it up to my cheek. He leaned in and kissed me, I kissed him back. We pulled away and looked at each other. "Alright." He said softly and brushed my cheek with his thumb. "Skins!" We heard Magna's voice. We all got up and went towards Magna and the Whisperers.

~~~

We finally found a way out, it was kind of hard since the walls were so close together. We literally had to army crawl our way out but I'm glad we made it out of that.. We almost lost Jerry but we were all okay. "Alright, find something to dig with." Daryl said, we came across this wall of junk stacked up against each other. This was the way out since we saw some beams of light shining in here. It wasn't much but it was enough for us to feel hope, we were so close to getting out. "Hey, check this out. Yo." Kelly called out. We all looked over to see her holding a stick of dynamite. "Somebody left this crate of dynamite." She said smiling. "Yeah okay- that's really cool. But maybe somebody left them there because it's obviously insanely dangerous." Jerry said.

"Uhm- put that back.. It doesn't look-- good.." I said looking at it in her hands. "Yeah that thing is sweatier than I am. I need you to put that back. Very carefully." Jerry said looking at her. She walked over to a box where there were a few more lined up next to each other. "Just- Just-" Jerry said nervously. He held his arm out slightly towards her. She set it down and pulled the cover over it.

After a while of us taking that wall of junk down, we saw a small opening. Daryl went to look for Carol since she wasn't with us anymore. We kept on trying to make the hole a bit wider for all of us to get out since it was really small. We all heard this sudden loud boom accompanied by shaking. I looked over to see the box of dynamite was missing one bar. "Damn it Carol." I mumbled. "Cmon.!" We looked over to see Jerry and Aaron holding up a log. "Move.!" He called out. I grabbed a flashlight and started heading back in the direction Daryl went. "Katherine!" Magna called out. I looked back, "This was Carol." i said as she came over to me. "They're probably hurt from the blast. I have to see." I said. Connie nodded and came to me signing 'i'm coming with you.'

I nodded as she grabbed a lantern. "Cmon." i said looking at her, signaling for her to follow me. "Hey- hey.!" Magna called out. "What're you doing!?" Aaron called out. We kept walking, one of those dynamite sticks went off and who knows if they were hurt or worse. "Hey!" We looked over to see Daryl, he was holding up Carol and she was hurt. Connie went and helped Daryl hold her up. This place was literally falling apart. "Give me your hand- i'll pull her up." Daryl said once he climbed out.

Connie and I helped push Connie up and out. "We've got more skins!" Magna called out. I looked over and pulled out my knife, going to help her. "Get out of here!" Magna called out. "We're right behind you! Go.!" I called out too. Magna, Connie and I took out the few whisperers here that were trying to take us out.

No one was getting left behind, we made it this far and a couple Whisperers weren't going to stop us. "Katherine!" I heard Daryl's voice. Right as we were on our way to head over and climb out, we heard another explosion and the floor caved, taking us with it.

A/N: Daryl is SUPER hard to write

A/N: Daryl is SUPER hard to write.. so i'm not going to that. I will have Luna's Pov since i CAN do her. But i do want you guys to imagine Daryl's reaction. When i see the scene in my head, he's actually crying, catching his breath. Him trying to dig them out won't change. Unlike with the actual scene you can see he's holding tears back for Connie yk? He'd actually cry for Katherine, I just wanted you guys to know that for his reaction. I imagine him saying 'no' too for some reason. Like him going "No no no. Cmon- Cmon." When he's trying to get rid of the rocks from the exit. Idk, he's just hard to write but either way i hope you guys enjoyed!