12

That scene where Daryl was telling Connie the story about the boat and Merle was everything 🥺😂❤

>>Word Count; 1099<<

~Katherine's Pov~

Negan was missing, someone let him out of the cell. Lydia took the fall for it, Daryl told me she felt safe in the cell, locked up- well not locked up.. Just with the cell door closed. We just finished eating dinner, I fixed up a plate for Lydia since no one was really bothering to take food to her, It's only me and Daryl. "Wash the dishes Gray," I asked looking at my brother. "Wh-?" he asked looking at me too. "I didn't ask, don't be lazy dude." I smiled. "I'm not done eating." He said looking down at his plate.

"Oh really? You gonna lick the plate clean or what? Because there's no more food there." I said. "I'll do them. Uncle Gray never does them." Luna said. I looked back at them. "Even I do them and I don't live here." Angel said taking a sip of her drink. Luna giggled at the face my brother made. (Gif above) "You know she's right, She helps out way more than you do." I said leaning against the counter, crossing my arms. "Okay- alright. Alright. This isn't fair." He said looking at all of us. "What's not fair? That they're right?" Luna asked, also crossing her arms.

"That you're all ganging up on me.! It's 3 against 1 man." He said. "Just do the dishes, it's not that hard Uncle Gray." Luna said. "Yeah whatever.. Fine." He said getting up. I looked at the girls and smiled, grabbing the plate. "I'll be back." I said. "Yeah," Luna said as she and Angel cleaned up the table. I walked out of the house and went over to the building where Lydia was. She hasn't come out of the cell at all, it's not locked but she liked being there.. 

She was laying down on the bed, curled up. Just holding herself, I opened the cell door and put the plate down on a chair right next to the bed. She turned around and looked at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." I said. She sat up and turned to face me. "You didn't." She said hugging her knees, looking at the plate. "You wanna come up..? Eat at the house?" I asked looking at her. She looked up at me after a few seconds and just shook her head.

"You sure..? They're done eating, no one's gonna be up there. I'll leave you alone if you want." I said. She shook her head again. I nodded a bit, "Alright," I said softly and walked away. "Where's Daryl?" She asked, I turned around again. "He's at Hilltop, he went with Siddiq." I said. She stayed silent for a second, looking down at her knees. "He'll be back soon." I said. "Thank you.. For the food.." she said looking back up to me. I nodded giving her a soft smile. "Yeah," I said and walked out of the building, heading back up to the house.

~~~

"Hey mom?" Luna asked knocking on my room door. "Yeah." I said putting my hair up in a bun, getting ready to go to sleep. The door opened and she came over, sitting on the bed with me. ".. Does she not wanna come up..? Lydia." She said. I shook my head a bit, "No," I said. "You know- she can have my room... I wanna move in with Angel.." She said as I finished up my bun, "Leaving me already huh?" I asked smiling a bit. "I'm not really leaving, it's just.. A few houses down. Besides we're gonna come every night for dinner, just like Angel does. Nothing's gonna change, I just won't be sleeping here anyone." she said.

I sighed looking at her. "Things are getting serious huh?" I asked giving her a soft smile. She nodded without hesitation. "Yeah." She said, ".. Have you told her?" I asked, my smile growing a bit more. "Tell her what?" She asked. "That you love her." I said laying down, pulling the blankets over me. She got in bed with me too. "No.. But I do." She said smiling at me. "I know." I said. "How?" She laughed a bit. "I'm not stupid. Noto la manera en que la miras. Tus ojitos se iluminan. You're happy." I notice the way you look at her. Your eyes light up. I said. She looked down slightly but her smile was still there, "I don't know if she does love me. I think I fell too soon.." She said frowning but still smiling at the same time.

"When I told Daryl I loved him, it just came out. He didn't say it back at first.." I said giggling. "I don't even know how to tell her." She said. "You'll figure it out. I was waiting for this 'perfect time' but it never really is.. I say just tell her. Were you the one that asked her if it was okay to move in or did she ask you?" I asked. "She asked me.." She said. "Tell her!" I giggled. "Mom i don't know how!" She laughed. "Just- tell her baby. What's the worst thing that could happen.?" I asked. "She doesn't say it back, duh." She said. "Her asking you to move in was her move.. You need to make yours.." I said softly. She nodded a bit, "Thanks mom.." She said softly. "Of course," I said in the same tone.

"But can i..? Move in with her?" She asked. I nodded, "Yeah." I said softly. She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back and smiled again, rubbing her back a bit. She kissed my cheek. "Thank you." She said as we pulled away. I nodded, "Yeah," I said softly. "Okay, now i need Daryl's permission.." She said sitting up. I looked at her a bit confused, "You don't need it." I said giggling. "I do. Well- i feel like i need to tell him because he's like.." She said looking away from me, taking a pause. I sat up too and looked at her, ".. like a father figure to me.." She said looking back at me. I smiled at her again. "So.." she said smiling a bit. I nodded a bit, "Alright.." I said softly. She nodded again. "Okay.. I can try to talk to Lydia, offer her my room myself. Convince her to move in with you guys." She said getting out of bed, She looked back at me. "I'll talk to you tomorrow." She said. I nodded, "Goodnight." I said. "Goodnight mom." She said and walked out of my room, closing the door behind her.

A/N: I'm debating real hard on having Kath in the cave when it goes down

A/N: I'm debating real hard on having Kath in the cave when it goes down.. good character development yk..? I'm not gonna kill her off obv but it would be cool to see / write it.