☔︎ 8 ☔︎

☽ sam ☽

the guy that showed me around, colby, was really nice to me. i hoped everyone here was like that. he'd invited me to sit with him and his friends at lunch, reed and devin? i think that was their names, anyway. if they were anything like colby, they had to be nice.. right?
"hey, sam," i heard colby chuckle, a pair of hands landing on my shoulders gently, still making me jump though. i didn't like being touched by anybody normally, but it felt ok when colby did it.
"hey," i giggled, him grinning and walking next to me with two guys behind us.
"these are my friends; reed," he pointed at reed, who grinned, "and devin," he pointed to the other guy, who also grinned. i smiled shyly, fidgeting with my sleeves.
"colby's told us about you," reed smirked, devin nudging him with his elbow and colby rolling his eyes.
"shut the fuck up," he muttered to reed, who giggled. i liked reed, he was funny.
"ignore him, c'mon, let's go get lunch," he smiled softly, me nodding and following as he made his way to the cafeteria with three of us following him, me next to him. i didn't want to, but i felt like i was already being clingy. i really wanted to be friends with him, and i certainly didn't want to scare him away.

☔︎

"do you know many people round here?" colby asked, his fingers drumming on the table next to me.
"n-no, i only just moved here on saturday. my d-dad took me away from- no, sam, oversharing," i whispered the end to myself, feeling stupid for even bothering.
"no, no, it's ok. i know we've only just met, but you can trust me. i'm not a bad guy," he said softly, looking over at me. the drumming of his fingers stopped.
"i know, i-i didn't think you were, it's just, i-i've been manipulated and s-stuff before," i mumbled, looking at my own hands. they were incredibly small compared to his.
"well, just for the record, i'd never do that," he smiled, and i grinned. that was the biggest i'd smiled since i left kansas.
"your smile.." he mumbled, almost inaudible, and i quickly dropped the grin, knowing i shouldn't have done it.
"what?" my brows drew together slightly, and i could already feel my cheeks burning up as i put a sleeve-covered hand over my mouth.
"no, no, don't hide it. it's gorgeous," he chuckled, a dusting of pink falling upon his cheeks, too.
"o-oh," i smiled, moving my hand away, showing the grin once again.
"aww, look at them!" i heard reed giggle, and looked up, seeing him and devin stood across the cafeteria. devin dug his elbow into reed's ribs, making him gasp as devin pulled him away and out of the room.
"ignore them, they're teasing," colby chuckled, looking down at my hands.
"ok," i giggled, looking up at him, but he was still looking down at my hands.
"look how small your hands are compared to mine," he chuckled, picking up my bandaged wrist, making my eyes widen.
"sorry, i didn't realise. let's use the other hand," he smiled, the same state of his mouth never faltering. i was so glad he didn't comment about it. he was so kind. i giggled as i lifted up my other hand, bringing it to his. he was right, it was a ton bigger. it was so warm, and i bet the rest of his body was too. i kinda wanted him to hold me.
wait, what?

kinda just wanna make a book ranting about how much i love sam but i feel like i'm copying everyone else lol so yeah
BUT LOVE FOR HIRE OMFG IM PUMPED I CANT WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST RELEASE AKSHSHSHDHFHF