☔︎ 13 ☔︎

☔︎ sam ☔︎

"colby?" i mumbled, him walking closely in front of me as we made our way to the cafeteria.
"yeah?" he turned his head to the side with a smile. it was pretty. he was pretty. well, i wouldn't describe it as pretty.. he was handsome. yeah, handsome.
"c-can i get your number?" i asked, him nodding.
"yeah, wait until we get to the cafeteria and i'll give it to you there," he chuckled, and i giggled.
"you seem a lot happier than you did this morning," he grinned, walking next to me. i felt butterflies in my stomach - that was what i realised i felt. the weird feeling in my stomach, i mean.
"it's because i'm with you," i blurted out, speaking my thoughts with a blush on my cheeks. he chuckled and smiled at me, a little dimple showing. for some reason, i was noticing all the little details about him. not that i was complaining, i just realised i was doing so. like how his hair went to one side naturally. or how when he smiled the skin below his eyes creased, or-
"sam? hello?" colby's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, along with yet another chuckle.
"sorry," i giggled, watching as he shook his head slightly, a toothy grin on his face.
"i was just wondering if you wanna come hang at my place tonight? y'know, with your dad being a bit of an ass, and everything," he asked, and it was the most awkward i'd seen him. it wasn't as awkward as me though, that was for sure.
"yeah, if he'll let me. i'll ring him when we get in the cafeteria," i grinned, him doing the same and nodding.
"what're you two lovebirds planning?" devin laughed, putting a forceful hand down on me and colby's shoulders, making me jump and making me incredibly uncomfortable as he left it there.
"nothing that concerns you," colby raised an eyebrow, clearly noticing my discomfort and brushing devin's hand off of me. i looked over at him with a relieved look and he gave me a quick discreet nod. i liked colby, i really did.

☔︎

"ok, my dad said i have to be back by ten," i giggled, walking next to colby as we exited school, pushing my phone back into my pocket.
"i'll make sure you are, don't worry," he chuckled, looking down at me. i grinned and looked forward, happy to be spending time with him. we were getting along really well, and i felt so much happier when i was with him, and i always got butterflies. i wasn't sure why, but i wasn't complaining.
"how far away do you live? i live really close to school," i asked, a slight spring in my step as i walked next to him.
"not too far, only a couple blocks away. my dad's not gonna be home for a while either because obviously he's at school doing marking or whatever," he shrugged, smiling. seeing him smile made me smile, and i still didn't know why. it confused me.

why was i thinking like this?

filler for next chapter, sorry it's short lmao