☔︎ 25 ☔︎

☀︎ colby ☀︎

i walked into sam's house, an eerie silence falling upon me. where was his dad? and why was the door unlocked?
"sam?" i asked, hearing nothing but the silence. the silence scared me - what if he'd done something bad?
i made my way upstairs to his bedroom, opening the dark oak wood door slowly. i was so relieved when i saw him in there, but that relief soon turned to confusion as i actually looked at him. he was curled up into a tiny ball, completely naked, shaking with tears sliding down his cheeks, eyes squeezed shut.
"sammy," i said softly, approaching the bed. his eyes darted open, revealing dull, bloodshot ones as he scrambled to the edge of his bed away from me, almost falling off it. the sight of him broke my heart. what the fuck had happened?
"hey, hey, it's only me, i'm not gonna hurt you, i promise. can you tell me what happened?" i asked, slowly sitting down on the bed as he pulled a cover over him. as he moved i saw blood going down his leg and on the sheet, and i knew exactly what had happened. and whoever had done it was gonna get fucking hurt.
"j-joe," he whimpered, closing his eyes with a sob and shrinking further under the covers.
"joe? who's joe? did he do this to you?" i asked, uncovering his face as he nodded.
"oh my god, c'mon, we need to clean you up and get you out of here. where's your dad?" i shook my head, helping him sit up.
"i-in town, i don't k-know when he'll be back. i'm scared, w-what if he comes back a-and does it again?" he sniffled, looking up at me, tears rolling down his cheeks.
"i won't let him. are you ok for standing, or do you need help?" i asked, wiping his tears away.
"it hurts, everything fucking hurts," he sniffled, sighing shakily as he tried to stand, face scrunching up in pain.
"it's ok, i'll help you. i need to wipe the blood off of you before we do anything, ok? when we get to mine i can run you a bath," i explained, running my fingers through his hair and brushing my thumb over his cheekbone. he nodded and wiped his eyes, looking up at me with a sniffle. i pulled him closer to me for a quick hug, kissing his head and moving away after a second.
"come on, we don't know when your dad'll be here," i explained, him nodding and preparing himself to stand up.

☔︎

"here, sit down," i murmured, helping sam walk through the door to my house and to the sofa, where he sat down in a position that was comfortable for him.
"colby?" my dad spoke from the kitchen, and i kissed sam's forehead softly, making my way into the other room.
"i know i didn't ask, and i'm sorry, but he's been fucking raped. one of his dad's friends did that to him on top of everything else that's going on for him, and i couldn't just let-" i started, letting all of my emotions out as i almost broke out into tears explaining how he'd been hurt.
"hey, calm down. i'm not mad, i just wanted to know why you weren't in today, that's all. and tell him he can stay here for as long as he wants, he's not safe in that house," he explained, putting a hand on my shoulder. i nodded and explained why we weren't in, him understanding.
"take him upstairs, i'll make some food for you both," he gave me a sympathetic look and i nodded again, going to fetch sam. i walked in and he was on the phone, digging his nails into his palms again.
"ok, i'll ring you back later and we can talk about it. i love you. bye," he said quietly, putting the phone down and bringing his spare hand up to his face and biting his nails, the other still digging into his palm.
"stop doing that, you'll hurt yourself. my dad's gonna make us some food and he said you can stay here for as long as you want. it's gonna be ok," i explained, taking the hand he was using to hurt himself and lacing my fingers with his, putting my spare arm over his shoulders.
"t-thank you," he smiled slightly, closing his eyes and leaning into me.
"c'mon, let's get you upstairs," i chuckled, him nodding without opening his eyes, just letting me pick him up as he clung onto me.

gen 3 of skins is absolute shit