☔︎ 27 ☔︎

☀︎ colby ☀︎

"i cannot believe you answered the phone whilst you were fucking," i laughed, sam laughing besides me whilst we facetimed reed and devin.
"it's none of your business what we were doing earlier," devin laughed, reed under his arm giggling.
"why would you answer the phone though?" sam laughed, under my arm. we were practically in the same position as them.
"devin told me to," reed giggled, face going bright red.
"anyway, we needed to tell you that we're leaving washington," i said, pretty straightforward but slowly.
"you're what?!" both boys exclaimed clearly throughly shocked.
"i-i'm moving back to kansas, and colby wants to come with me," sam spoke quietly, seemingly guilty. i didn't want him to feel guilty about it, not at all.
"when are you moving? and is colby staying there permanently?" devin asked, and sam looked up at me as if he was asking the question.
"well, we're going next sunday, and i'm staying there however long sam wants to. and we'll come and visit you, don't worry," i chuckled, kissing his forehead, making him smile.
"you fucking better," reed laughed, making both of us smile even more.
"so, we were thinking we could all do something together before we leave," sam suggested, seeing the other two nod, and he let out a sigh of what seemed to be relief.
"we could have a guys night! like a girls night but a bunch of gay dudes instead - wait, that sounds so wrong," reed laughed hysterically, the rest of us doing the same.
"besides the description, that's actually a good idea," i chuckled, sam nodding.
"so, when're we doing it?" he giggled, yet looking kinda sad. of course, i was upset i had to leave my dad and friends, but sam was my top priority, and he was all that mattered to me in that moment.

☔︎

"i can't wait to go back to kansas. i think i might've liked it here if my mom was here, and bad shit didn't follow me everywhere i go. but i met you out of it, so it's ok, i guess," sam said quietly, looking up at me whilst trailing his soft fingers over my bare chest mindlessly.
"only 'i guess'?" i chuckled, raising my eyebrows.
"fuck it, you're the best thing to happen to me in literally years," he giggled, grinning from ear to ear.
"you're so cute," i chuckled, seeing a blush fall upon his cheeks.
"i just.. i feel bad that you're literally leaving your life behind just for me. i'm not worth it, you don't have to," he shook his head, looking down at his hands. his words literally fucking broke my heart.
"hey, look at me," i said softly, frowning slightly as he looked up again.
"you're worth the whole ass fucking world. i'd leave anything behind to be with you. and the guys and my dad understand, we can come back and visit them any time. i love you, ok?" i ranted, seeing his eyes widen.
"do you mean it?" he whispered, and if i wasn't so close to him i wouldn't have heard it.
"of course i mean it, sammy. i love you, so fucking much," i smiled, chuckling softly.
"i love you too," he grinned, pulling his arms up to my neck and hugging me.
"c'mon, it's getting late, you need some rest," i smiled, stroking his damp hair with gentle hands.
"but what if he comes back?" he whispered, in the same almost-silent tone he'd used only a minute ago, eyes looking up at me with fear filling them.
"he won't. i'm here, i'll make sure he doesn't. i'll keep you safe, i'll protect you," i held him close to me, thankful when he closed his eyes and snuggled closer to me.
"thank you," he smiled softly, small hands gripping the covers up to his face.
"you're welcome. can i put some music on quietly? i'm not a fan of the silence," i asked, chuckling. he nodded and giggled, keeping his eyes closed. i was gonna protect him, and i would make sure of it. nothing was gonna hurt him again.

mothers are a waste of time