PROLOGUE

DISCLAIMER

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

As a writer, I would like to state things in advance that my story is not affiliated to any circumstances or whatsoever, readers would probably encounter misspelled words, faulty grammars, incorrect punctuations and misused objects and names. I would like to apologize in advance. As much as possible I will do my best to make things clearly and would reflect on my actions if anything is done in a wrong manner. I would like to thank my friends who supported and gave ideas in writing. I hope y'all would enjoy!

****

"What's got into you? Are you insane?!" She's fuming mad. I didn't expect she would find it. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't even look at her. "Excuse me, how long has this been?!"

"Wait, you don't understand-" I didn't get to finish what i'm about to say as the door swung open and he walked in.

"What's going on here?, He turned to look at me with questioning eyes. "Why are you crying?" He asked me with sincerity. "What's our problem, love?"

"Nothing, she's just happy we're engaged" She said that as she faked a smile, as if nothing happened. "Why don't we go downstairs, we are missing the fun of the reunion." 

She's still clutching it, she saw me looking at her while holding it, if looks would kill, I would be dead by now. Joaquin is still confused by what's happening, "Are you sure everything is alright?" he asked. I just slightly nodded along.

As she was on her way through the door, "Natalia," she called. "Yea?" I answered with my croaking voice. "Aren't you gonna come along?" I could still sense she's mad for what happened, so I decided not to come along because it might worsen her mood. "Maybe not, but I'll try." I said that assuring them with a little smile. "I'm exhausted from the party, I need to rest." A smirk crept on her face, and they finally went out.

I dropped on the floor as the moment the door closed, and then I cried.

"Why me?" I muttered while bawling my eyes out. I just couldn't stand them longer.

I decided to take a walk on the beach, good thing it was past midnight, people wouldn't see me get drunk and sober. It would help my calm myself.

As I feel myself calming down from walking on the sand, I decided to sit down for a moment. I admire the scenery right in front of me, waves crashing, the bright moon and stars, the cold breeze blowing coldly on my face as I listen to the music on my phone.

I got way too much time to be this hurt

somebody help it's getting worse

what do you do with a broken heart?

once the light fades, everything is dark

way to much whiskey in my blood

I feel my body giving up

'I feel my body giving up'  I could relate to the song physically and emotionally, memories flashed back into my mind, specifically, the worse ones. Everything felt surreal.

I got up and walked towards the shore, I could see the full moon shining brightly, the waves are reflecting it's light, stars are shining above the night sky. Everything seems so perfect to look at, my life is nothing compared to them.

As I was still walking towards, I could feel the water rising up from my legs, and later, to my waist.

I didn't realize I was already crying, I didn't care anymore, I just want this pain to end.

"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I'M SO DONE WITH LIFE!" I shouted as I was sobbing, hardly. "I WAS THERE AT PEOPLE'S HARD TIMES, WHEN THEY WERE NOT AT MINE WHEN I NEEDED IT BADLY!"

"I'M FUCKING TIRED!" I couldn't breathe as I was sobbing hardly, the water is slowly rising up on top of my head.

I was about to drown myself when a hand pulled my arm out.

"LET GO OF ME!!!" I was trying to free myself from the person's grip when it spoke, 

"Miss, you need to calm down, you're too pale." His  voice was calm and deep.

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" I screamed back.

I was about to loosen his grip from my arm when I suddenly felt dizzy.

"It hurts," I whispered on the cold air. I unconsciously fell into his arms.

Then I blacked out.

The last thing I heard is my name being called out by him,

"Natalia!"

________________________________________