CHAPTER 1

Kindly read my note at the end of this chapter, thanks :)

"Miss Dela Cruz and Miss Montenegro! See me after your last class!" Our homeroom teacher angrily shouted. I was terrified.

That was the third time that happened this week. I've warned Alina several times, even those first and second time, she just wouldn't listen.

"Lia, I'm sorry I dragged you again this time." She apologetically said.

Again.

I just sighed in exasperation and said, "Well, what else could we do, it already happened. Besides, I've warned you enough that we could possibly get in trouble, you just won't listen." There was a hint of annoyance in my voice, I just couldn't help it. "Lagot nanaman ako sa parents ko." I muttered anxiously.

Speaking of that, I couldn't help but think about the consequences, lalo na at we need more financial support.

Tuition fee ni ate, medical maintenance ni Mom, house bills, tapos si Papa nawalan pa ng trabaho. Getting a full scholarship is a great help, but, about what happened this week, my scholarship is at risk.

I was changing after our P.E class, I was gathering my things and was about to exit the room when suddenly Alina, who was walking along with me, stopped and spoke.

"Natalia, sama ka samin mamaya?" I turned to look at her. She sounds excited, what happened earlier didn't even bother her, looks like it wasn't a big deal, for her. "Sila Jane and yung ibang friends nya kasama, may bagong restaurant that serves chicken and maybe have a few drinks I guess," she winked, I knew it. "After school daw, wala namang classes tomorrow eh." I remembered we have to see Mrs. Castro.

"Alina, we have to see Mrs. Castro, tsaka, we might get into more serious trouble." I reminded her. "And you know I don't drink, isn't that illegal? Minors palang tayo, hindi pa nga tayo eighteen and-"

"Pfft. One year lang naman eh." She interrupted.

Finals is just around the corner, malapit narin ako gumraduate, I could go to college, I don't wanna waste my time sa mga walang kwentang party, it won't do any good to me.

"You're too KJ (kill joy), I was expecting that answer from you since you're a nerd. Kaya wala kang jowa eh." She was quoting both of her hands in the air when she emphasized the word 'nerd'. "Fine, you'll miss all the fun." Then she went out first, I followed along.

'Walang jowa' my ass

**

Right now, I'm alone inside the classroom at lunch time, typical me. Sumama si Alina kanila Jane and her other friends. They were insisting I should come along instead, but I wasn't in the mood. I didn't want to eat, my stomach is not urging me to, I neither feel full, nor hungry; but I feel empty.

There's a lot of things going on inside my brain, and I think nabusog ako dahil doon. Thoughts like my scholarship, my family, and my future came into my mind. May extra money pa naman ako pandagdag sa needs ko and for Mom, I'm earning money for her too, kahit konting tulong lang. Galing sa Café na pinagpapart-time ko, buti nalang mabait yung owner na nagpapa-sweldo, she gives extra money.

'Walang jowa' That flashed back into my mind.

(Sana kayo rin.)

"Eh ano naman kung wala? It's just a distraction." I muttered to myself. "Is it a trend this days that even kids are nakikiuso?" Oh, my dear life. Then I leaned onto my desk and took a nap.