CHAPTER 8

CONGRATULATIONS Natalia.

"Huh?" I snapped back into reality when I notice he was still holding the flowers he's about to give me. "Ah... Hehe thank you!" I smiled.

"My pleasure. By the way, why aren't you inside?" He pointed at the back. "I mean, it's kinda cold out here."

"Gusto ko lang magpahangin, it's hot inside. Maya-maya uuwi narin ako." I held the sides of the jacket to prevent it from falling. "Kakarating mo lang?"

"Nope," he leaned his back on the railings as he crossed his arms while looking at me.

"Uy, baka mahulog ka diyan!" I turned around to look at him as I told him, worried he might fall off. The railings was not that high enough and his height was medyo alanganin.

"If ever mahulog ako, sasaluhin mo ba ako?" He moved his face closer to mine and smirked.

"H-Huh? Eh paano yun?" I innocently asked.

He chuckled at my expression and slightly moved away.

"You're cute, do you know that?" He said putting his other hand on his waist while he rested his chin on his hand which is on the rails.

I just shrugged. Am I cute?

"You haven't answered my question." He spoke again.

"Paano ba kasi sagutin yung tanong mo?" I turned to him, I raised one of my eyebrows questioning him.

"It's just a yes or no, so, sasaluhin mo bo ako?" Ayun nanaman yung nakakaloko niyang ngiti.

"I mean, why not? If I could save you, edi sasaluhin kita. Pero kasi impossible yun, especially when we are both falling." I just realized his question and my answer has a double meaning.

The sides of his lips rose a little, he bit his lips to prevent from forming a smile as he brushed his fingers through his hair.

That was hot. I just shrugged at my thought.

I sniffed the flowers he gave me, the scent is sweet. I love how the daisies and roses were creatively arranged.

"Hatid na kita?"

"Uhm, sure." I replied.

We were about to leave the balcony when Alina came holding a bottle of Jose Cuervo, she was sway-walking, probably drunk.

"H-hey L-liaaaa...." She slurred, she couldn't really balance herself so I held her arm to keep her still.

"Lasing ka na, umuwi na tayo." I said, she put her index finger on my lips and said, "Sis, hindi pa nga.... Tipsy langs, Hik!" She was having hiccups so I guess she really needs to go home. I looked at Dwayne and he had the same expression as I had.

"I'll drive you both home." He offered, I just nodded.

"Hey Dwayneeee... Hik!" Alina called out again, I was shushing her to keep quiet but she just ignored me and continued. I have never seen this side of her.

"Y-you like m-my friend h-huh? Hihik!" She teased him while pointing her index finger at me.

"Alina tara na, umuwi na tayo." I said trying to avoid the conversation. I was trying to drag her to walk out the door but she freed herself from my grip and walked to Dwayne.

I can see Dwayne feeling awkward. I looked at him with an apologizing look.

"W-well, hikk! I don't m-mind... Hik! Y-you courting h-her," Then she linked her arm unto Dwayne's arm to keep balance, and faced me. "If you are g-going t-to be her boyfriend, hik! Y-you are the first... 'Cause she is-"