CHAPTER 10

"ANG GALING naman ng anak ko!" My mom said proudly. "Konting tiis nalang, maabot mo na pangarap mo." Then she smiled.

We are in her room, at the hospital, watching my graduation video which my sister took. We were having a little celebration, we ordered from a few restaurants that we passed by along the way and took it to the hospital. I'm so glad that we could still do this after all the circumstances.

"Lia," My dad called me, he was handing me a small gift box so I took it.

"Ano po 'to?" I asked taking it from him. I opened the box and my eyes glistened when tears are forming.

I removed the ribbon that was tied up on the black box, I opened it and I was surprised on what I saw on the jewelry's cushion.

It was a ring with a gold band, the pendant was a crescent moon diamond which looks like a gem. It's been years since my dad last gave me a present, that was so thoughtful of him.

I got up from where I was sitting and hugged him as I was really thankful, I haven't really hugged my father like this since before.

"Maraming salamat po!" I happily said while I was hugging, he tapped my back as he hugged me back and I let go then he let out a small smile.

"Nagugutom ako, kumain na muna tayo, mamaya na drama." Sabi ni ate Gwen na agad pumunta sa lamesa kung saan nakalagay mga pagkain.

Tinulungan naming si Mama makaupo sa dining table, I assisted her in getting the food and drinks. We were eating and chatting about how ate Gwen is doing.

"Ahh, lumipat ka na ng trabaho? Kailan pa?" My mom asked.

"Malapit din sa dati Ma." She replied while eating the last piece of nugget.

"Kamusta na kayo ng boyfriend mo? Jansen pangalan niya diba?"

My sister stopped at what she was doing, we just stared at her, waiting for her answer.

"Ah yung bastardo na 'yon? Wala na Ma." She sternly answered.

"Kailan pa?" My Dad added.

"Pwede 'wag na natin pagusapan?" She dropped the utensils and looked at each of us.

My mom just nodded. Wala na pala sila.

"Ahh ganun ba? Pinagtatanggol mo nga dati yun eh, parang kalian lang, bastardo tawag mo ngayon ha." I slightly teased her. And I think that was a wrong move.

"Inggit ka lang kasi wala kang jowa." She answered back and rolled her eyes.

That sounds like a foul.

"That is my choice Ate, wag kang ano." I said slightly annoyed by the fact she said that.

"Ehh wag kang iiyak!" She sarcastically said while dabbing a tissue underneath my eyes.

She was just beside me so I harshly removed her hand on my face.

"Tama na 'yan, nasa hapag kainan kayo." My dad told us.

I silently went back on eating my food when my Mom spoke again, but this time she asked me.

"Natalia, diba nung isang araw sinundo ka dito ng kaibigan mo?"

I choked on the food on my mouth, so I grabbed my glass of water and drank it.

"M-ma?" I asked coughing a bit.

"Yung si Dwayne, mukhang mabait na binata yun ah."

I don't know if she was teasing me or what was she trying to tell me, but I still simply think it was just a friendly hangout.