CHAPTER 3

A.C.H

I see no one around the park, it's just me.

The person who gave me this didn't talk, therefore, I completely have no idea who that is.

Paano ko ibabalik 'to? I thought. Well, atleast medyo maayos na pakiramdam ko. I might aswell go back inside, baka kailangan ako ni Mom.

While walking through the entrance of the Hospital, nakita ko may batang umiiyak sa gilid, pinuntahan ko siya, he was on the floor sitting while hugging his knees, puro dugo ang damit niya kaya nagalala ako.

"Hi kiddo, ano nangyari sayo?" I asked with concern. I noticed there were a few bandages on his right arm and left knee, and a small scratch on his left cheek.

The emergency room kung saan dinala si Mom was fully equipped, there were there ambulances outside, doon nakatingin yung batang lalake, I think he's around seven years old.

"Mummy," he pointed there as he cried, "I wanna go inside." He was sobbing.

"Where's your dad? Why are you alone here? Umupo ka muna, samahan kita." I led out my hand helping him to stand up. As I let him sat down on a chair, I asked him again, "sino kasama mo nagpunta dito?" I brushed his hair away with my fingers to move it away from his eyes.

The little guy was about to answer when someone answered for him.

"He's with me. Brent, let's go." The guy with a navy blue hoodie and a white Nike cap appeared infront of me, I assume he was around my age but taller, I didn't see his face as his cap was covering it, he bent down to meet boy's level. "Kuya, uuwi na tayo? Paano si Mummy?" Then the poor kid started to cry again.

His assumed 'brother' wiped his tears away and stood up, "Let's go." The little kid looked at me with tearful eyes as he waved at me, I waved back. Then they left.

I decided to take the elevator, as I arrived on the floor where my Mom's room is, I saw a nurse coming out of her room.

"Nurse, gising na po yung patient sa loob?" Tanong ko, sumagot din siya kaagad, "Yes ma'am, kakagising lang po, binigyan ko po siya ng gamot, tatawagin ko narin si Doc. Ronquillo para macheck kung may improvements." She said that as she smiled. "Sige, thank you po."

Pumasok narin ako sa loob agad, nakita ko na nakaupo sa higaan si Mom. Nakita niya agad ako kaya ngumiti siya.

"Ma, musta na po kayo? Okay lang po ba kayo?" I sat beside her bed as I looked at her, she seems fine, she doesn't look pale anymore.

"Okay lang ako 'nak. Sorry, naabala nanaman kita." She smiled weakly, I answered, "wala yun ma." I assured her. "Tawagan ko na po ba sila ate Gwen at Papa?"

I noticed her smiled faded when I mentioned Papa. So I decided to ask her, "May nangyari po ba?"

"Wala," she denied, I decided not to ask more, baka lumala kalagayan niya. "Hayaan mo na, nagpapahinga siguro mga iyon, bukas nalang siguro ng umaga, matulog ka na." Ganyan lagi si Mom, she's too understanding.

She patted on the space beside her bed, gesturing me to sleep beside her.

I laid beside her while my head is resting on her right arm, her left arm hugged me so I hugged her with my free arm. I missed cuddling with her.

"Matulog ka na," I closed my eyes. "Naalala mo pa ba na kinakantahan kita noong bata ka pa bago matulog kasi takot ka na baka masama panaginip mo?" I nodded, I feel sleepy.