CHAPTER 9

Kindly read the Author's note at the end of the story~

THESE PAST few days, we have been hanging out since I agreed. We went to places where most people hang out, I mean, it's not a big deal for me. Those are just friendly dates, right? Though Alina has been asking me if I was sure about that.

"Well honestly, I don't think it's a just a friendly date." Alina said while quoting her fingers in the air. "I think he's courting you."

"As if." I shrugged, then we sat down on one of the gym's benches, we were having a general practice for our graduation which is on two days.

"I mean, he seems like a great guy. He has a variety of friends but, he usually hangs out with Sam and Ashton. He's cute, smart, and a gentleman. If I were you, I would give it a shot." She then winked.

"Why would I be his type? I'm not like those other girls who dresses up like the characters on Netflix." I replied. It is true, I dress up neutrally, get it? Jeans and shirts all the time.

She put her arm around my shoulder and said, "I could help you with that. So, when's the next date?" She emphasized the word 'date' in a different meaning.

"I don't know, wala siyang sinabi saakin. Hindi naman ganun ka-kapal ng mukha ko 'no." I then slightly rolled my eyes at her.

"Ganito nalang, if he asked you to go out again, isasama mo ako ha." She teased me while she poked my side.

"Hoy may kiliti ako dyan!" I told her slightly chuckling.

"Hmm... Saan? Dito?" She teased then poked my side again so I got up.

"Ah ganon ha!" I then tickled her sides too and ran away as she chased me. We ran and chased each other around the school's gym like cats and dogs.

"Stop na, ayoko na HAHAHA!" I said panting, I put both of my hands on my knees, slightly crouching. While she sat down on the floor wiping her sweat while laughing.

"Remember what I said!" She then pointed behind me so I looked behind.

"Hi!" He waved at me and smiled, he was wearing a navy blue button down polo with sleeves rolled up on his elbows, with matching black pants and shoes, he got his hair brushed up to the side.

"I brought lunch that's why I came here. Later on continue na yung general practice." He handed me the paper bag which has food in it, I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

I was about to thank him when Alina barged in the conversation.

"So, how are the dates you guys had?" She said teasingly.

"It was great, umm, maybe you should join us sometime, like maybe after the graduation?" Dwayne suggested.

"Actually, I think that would be great!" Alina turned to me and smiled widely. "Just inform me when, so that I'll fix up my schedule."

"Alright, mauuna na ako, enjoy the food." He then looked at me for a while and turned his back on us and left.

"Oh sis ayan na ha, sinabi ko na HAHAHA!" Alina laughed while slapping my arm.

"Nakakahiya ka, tara kumain na tayo bago pa magsimula practice." I said.

**

Finally, nakauwi na ako. I feel exhausted from the general practice. I went to the Hospital with my Dad and sister since I went to our house to gather some of Mom's belongings and mine. Kinakamusta nila si Mom and I decided to bring up a reminder that my graduation is in two days.

"Ma, graduation na namin sa Saturday, makakapunta ka?" I asked, I know it's impossible dahil sa kalagayan niya pero, malay mo makapunta siya.

"Lia, hindi siguro 'nak, pasensya na." She apologized. "Pupunta naman si ate mo at Dad." She said trying to lift up my feelings.

"Pwede ka rin naman i-video tapos panoorin nalang natin sa T.V." My sister suggested.

"Pwede rin." I slightly replied with a smile. I know it's hard but I need to understand the situation.

"Kailan daw operasyon mo?" My Dad spoke.

"Sabi kasi ng doctor within this month, babalitaan ko nalang kayo kung kalian." My mom replied.

"Wag na kayo magalala," I told them. "Yung prize na napalanunan ko nung debate, gagamitin natin pambayad."

My dad just nodded and mom smiled.

**

Today is the day of the graduation, the M.P.H was full of parents and graduating students, my dad and my sister attended and she is the videographer, my dad is coming up with me on stage.

"Uy ganda natin ngayon ah!" Alina complimented me, she looked elegant with her pink heels and pastel dress with the black graduation coat on top of her outfit.

"Tara na, magsisimula na!" I told her and sat down on our seats.

We stood up as we heard our principal give out speeches and messages as well as from the other teachers who congratulated us.

They started to call out each class sections and each student was stated out with their achievements. I looked back at my sister and dad who was waiting for me to get called out.

According to our practice, I was the last student who's going to get called and come up on stage.

"Natalia Shay Montenegro, from Humanities and Social Sciences, our grand champion in the International Debate and batch's Valedictorian!" My class adviser stated.

Me and my dad went up on stage, I took my certificates and medals from the principal with a handshake and went on the speech stand. My sister was in front of me with a camera, she showed her phone which I saw my mom on a video call, I waved at her and smiled which she did the same.

I cleared my throat and straightly looked at the audience and started my speech.

"Parents, teachers, classmates, and to all watching this memorable ceremony, good day to all of you." As I started, their attention was on me.

"We have gone through a lot trials in this last high school years, we are one step away in college, which means we are about to learn and start our future." I see Alina giving a thumbs up when our gaze met.

"We felt like giving up but we didn't, we managed to survive. As a Valedictorian, it wasn't easy for me as well, I experienced the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. That's life. We met memorable people along the way, some left and some stayed."

I see Dwayne in the audience section looking at me, so I smiled. I feel someone else's gaze on me just on his row but I just shrugged it off.

"Congratulations to all of us, let's continue our journey in life with the guide of the Almighty! The last thing I wanted to say is," I then looked at the camera, I see my mom is still watching.

"I love you."

______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note;

Hewwooo~ My new story will be posted tomorrow, sorry if I took a long time to update. To my readers reading this story, I would like you to give feedbacks on how I write and which parts I needed to improve more, you could leave a comment or directly message me! (I'm curious of how my story is doing so I wanted to know) Thanks, xoxo!

Stay tuned! |Vote|Comment|Share|