CHAPTER 11

"THERE are but, I want to ask you to be my date."

"One last question, can I court you?"

His words kept flashing back into my mind, I couldn't sleep because of it. I didn't get to answer his question since our ride on the Ferris Wheel stopped which means we need to get off. He sent me all the way to the Hospital which was on time. As I arrived, my mom was already fast asleep.

I checked my phone to see what time it is.

11:23 p.m.

I stopped taking sleeping pills since it wasn't good for my health, but one pill wouldn't harm me right? I got up and took my bag which was on the table, I saw a bottle of sleeping pills, I checked the expiration date to be sure but sadly, it was already expired a few months ago. I just sighed and went back to bed.

I remembered we're having a graduation ball tomorrow night which was held in a fancy hotel which our school rented. I still haven't got a dress to wear, I didn't have time to buy one and also, our financial needs are still tight.

Maybe I could borrow one of Alina's dresses, pero nahihiya ako. I don't really wear dresses since I am a conservative person. They'll think I'm weird if I wore a shirt and a pair of jeans to the ball.

"Bahala na nga." I muttered. I put my blanket all the way up covering me entirely and forced myself to sleep.

                                                                                             ***

"Anak, may nagdeliver, para sayo daw." My mom called me.

I was busy cleaning the room when my mom called me, I went towards the open door when I saw a lady holding a black bag where clothes are stored, she was holding it up straight so that it won't get folded.

"Natalia Shay Montenegro?" She asked, making sure.

"Ako nga po, sino po kayo?" I kindly asked the lady.

"Here's a dress Mr. Rivera sent, he told me to tell you to message him as soon as you received this, also he asked me to tell you to wear this tonight." She said as she handed me the bag.

"Ahh, thank you po. I'll message him right away." I smiled as I assured her.

I was closing the door as she was about to walk away but, she turned around and spoke again.

"Are you Mr. Rivera's girlfriend?"

I was shocked, "N-no Ma'am." I said waving my hands as a gesture of saying no.

"As expected." She said like something was obvious with no doubts and slightly smirked, "I'll be going." Then she walked away.

I closed the door wondering what she meant. I just shrugged it off and wondered what was inside the bag.

"Mukhang nagkakamabutihan kayo anak ha, alam na kung ano susunod." My Mom said with a teasing tone.

"Mabait lang po talaga 'yon, Ma."

I hung the handle of the bag on the coat rack. I decided to open it to check what it was since I was curious, I pulled the zipper which was in the middle and it revealed a beautiful dress.

"Wow, ang ganda!" I said checking out the dress in awe, it was an evening dress in a sky blue colour. It was really simple, yet elegant. It looks really expensive, the type of cloth says it all.