CHAPTER 5

"I KNOW I'm handsome, so could you please stop staring." He jokingly said.

"A-ah, s-sorry, nagulat ako eh." I stuttered in shock. Totoo naman, bigla-bigla nalang kasi siya nandyan sa harap ko.

"Dwayne right?" I Indirectly asked about what happened the other day.

"Yup it's me, what a small world we have," He chuckled. "Sorry, pauwi na sana ako nang may narinig ako kumakanta sa MPH, kaya I decided to check it out kung sino, ikaw pala." He smiled brightly.

"You played basketball?" I noticed he was wearing our school's jersey.

"Well yeah, I practiced a few shots." He said as he shows the ball in his hand. Then we went silence.

I stared in awe when I noticed how good he looked in our black jersey which ended above his shoulders with white stripes at the sides. His black hair was parted at the side which made his features more visibly enhanced especially at his side profile, a few drips of sweat was rolling down his temples and his pointy tall nose. His sweat made his well-toned arms look hotter, he took his face towel which was hanging on his shoulder and wiped them off.

I felt my cheeks burning so I looked away embarrassed.

"Pauwi ka na?" He asked as he turned his gaze at me, putting his face towel away.

"Yea, tapos nadin naman na yung ginagawa ko eh." I said as I looked at him for a few seconds, scared he might think I was interested in him especially awhile ago.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and said, "Tara sabay na tayo, hatid na kita." Then I just slightly nodded, I didn't know what to answer.

We were walking through the large hallway of our school which seemingly looked like we were walking for hours.

Sino ba architect nito? Gusto ko makausap. I just said it in my head so nobody else heard it but me.

"Where are you gonna go for college?" He asked which broke the silence between us.

I turned to look at him as I answered, "I don't know yet depende kung saan makakaya." To be honest, I really want to take Law, it's my dream since I was a kid.

"Ahh, I'm not sure if dito ako sa Pilipinas magaaral ng course ko, because my sister is taking architecture sa States, there's a possibility that I will study there." Kwento niya saakin.

"NATALIA!"

Someone called out my name so I turned around, napalingon din si Dwayne.

"Alina!" I smiled and waved, that was unexpected, I thought she had plans?

She was at the end of the hall so our voices echoed, she ran towards us and she simply smiled at Dwayne when she saw me with him.

"Hi, I'm Alina." She smiled and led out her hand as she introduced herself.

"Dwayne," he said. "Dwayne Joaquin Rivera." Alina smiled once again before letting go of his hand.

I just stood there waiting for them to finish.

"Natalia, I went to the MPH but no one's there, tinatawagan kita pero hindi ka sumasagot." Then she looked at Dwayne.

"Ah, my phone's inside my bag, sorry." I apologized. "Tara na."

We were at the parking lot when Alina spoke, "Sa Hospital ba deretso mo?" She referred to me. "Yea, dun na ako dumederetso after classes, why?"