Chapter 12 Sing

Haruka's POV 

I sang the last lyrics and started staring at the sky. Seeing the birds, I wanted to smile at there carefree actions but my lips couldn't curl anymore. There is something else weird again, when I am with Eren they seem to want to move but I being I don't. Such a waste of such a beautiful face. 

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, how many times have I done that since the start of the day? I turned around to see Eren behind me looking at me with wide eyes and mouth a gap. My eyes widened a little but went normal in a second. He has heard me singing. 

"Eren what are you doing here?" I asked trying to be calm. He just started at me. His face was blank. Mikasa and Levi came out of there hidden places, they too at first didn't say anything. They just stared at me like they have seen a... I don't know. Then I noticed, Mikasa had somewhat sad eyes like she remembered something that she had wanted to forget but now have started remembering it, again. 

Then Levi did something unexpected, he flicked my forehead and ruffled my hair. "Don't do that again... I was so worried... Everyone is..." He wailed then gave me a small smile. I wanted to cry and smile at that moment but I couldn't. 
He turned and removed his hand from my hair. "I will go tell commander that we have found you... You two stay here..." He ordered and walked away. 

It was awkward between us, we didn't dare open our mouths. For the first time, I also didn't want to. Eren sat right to me and Mikasa went in front to the lake and sat near it, staring at her own reflection. 
"So..." Mikasa opened her mouth to say something but immediately closed her mouth trying to think up words to say it correctly, she gulped, "Why did you run away?" 
"I... I don't know..." I hesitantly said, "To tell the truth... I just... I have been seeing things... that are not mine to see... They are not my memories..." 
"What did you see, when you were fighting Mikasa?" Eren chirped in. 
"I... I saw her parents... getting killed..." I again hesitantly said. Mikasa's eyes widened and immediately she got up. 
"How...?" She trailed off, "never mind... I am going to go!" She hurried off. 

My head fell as I saw her hurrying to the HQ. Eren was about to say something when i cut him off.
"I knew I shouldn't have said... but it was the truth..." 
"I know... It's okay... she will be okay tomorrow..." Eren comforted. "Hopefully..." He muttered. Wow, great... I thought sarcastically. 

Again awkward silence fell over both of us. I wanted to tell him so many things like what I saw his mother getting killed, thought that Mikasa, Armin and his some memories and many things but i couldn't bring my self to. 
In the end he sighed and asked, "what were you singing that time?" My eyes widened slightly, I thought he never asked... In reality I wanted him to never mention it again. 
"It was a song... My mother sang it to me when I couldn't sleep because of nightmares... But now... I don't think there is anyone left...to sing to me..." I muttered feeling the 
I felt weight on me, someone was touching me from back. Long arms snaked around me and pulled me into there chest. I looked up to see Eren placing his chin on my head and pulling me even closer. I stiffened but then softened and made myself comfortable. 

He stroked my hairs and said, "I would have sang for you if my voice wasn't such a rubbish."  This made me smile slightly. Wait, I smiled, I really did. 
"Oh come on, it can't be that much... bad." I stated. "Eren... Sing for me..." 
"No way, like i said my voice is too much bad." He denied. I pouted.
"Please!" I whined.
"NO!" I chuckled and got up. I cupped his face that had his widened eyes at my actions. 
"I was just joking." Before he could reply. 

I attached my lips with his.