chapter 4: training begins.

The next day aang and his friends went to the lake where naruto lived near to start their training in lightning sand and ice bending. Naruto was already up and waiting for them to arrive and as they showed up naruto said.

"Ah you showed up on time. Very nice.Alright first let's go over how sand Metal and lava bending work.

As your well aware avatar Roku could bend lava Because it's one of the three closely related sub-elements to the Earth element. Toph. Your already able to bend earth and metal.

But you struggle with sand. The first thing you must realize about sand is that it's a softer broken down version of Earth. Sand by itself is Earth in a granular form. When you take sand.

Mix it with water and let it harden you get Clay. That clay eventually becomes Rock. In other words.earth. do you follow me so far???."

And toph said.

"I think so. All I have to do is take a boulder and reverse the process of how it was made reverting it back to it's original state. Alright let's start."

Naruto then said.

"Katara. You can bend ice but first you need to freeze water in order to do so correct???. Well what if I told you that so long as you are surrounded by ice you can bend it without any water around by bending the existing water the ice was made from???.

Sounds easy right???. Wrong. In order to do that you must be completely focused on bending the water inside the ice while retaining it's frozen properties. This is easy to explain but not easy enough to Master. Give it a try and remember. Focus on the water within the ice and make sure It keeps it's frozen shape. Begin."

Naruto then walked over to zuko and said.

"While their trying to master the first stages of their new bending style I'm going to be teaching you how to separate your chi from each other.

It's how your father and azula are able to bend lightning. You must first separate your yin and yang chi. Charge them individually and then merging them back together instantly.

Think of it as a lightning rod. You have a positive focal point a negative focal point and a neutral focal point.

You must separate the positive and negative and then charge them both at the same time. Once that's done you must merge them back together and manage your breathing while doing so.One wrong mistake and it could cost you your life zuko. Do you understand me???."

Naruto then approached aang and said.

"Have you thought about what I've told you aang???. About how the avatar is a divine being in human form???. How you must let go of all distracting thoughts in order to control the avatar state???."

And aang said.

"I have given it some thought actually.
And maybe your right. In some ways I always thought nothing else other then having friends mattered.

Until... until I saw Monk gyatsu was Dead along with the other air nomads.
I entered the avatar state out of rage and sadness. Through my emotions I could have hurt my friends.

Teach me how to control the avatar state... master. Teach me to control my emotions and be able to enter it at will. I want to be strong enough to defeat the fire Lord ozai. But I can't do that without mastering the avatar state."

And naruto said.

"Then join me in meditation and we shall begin your training. Relax your body. Clear your mind. And focus on the avatar state. Focus on all your emotions and control them.