chapter 5: azula's betrayal of her father

Azula was head over heels in love with naruto and vowed that she and her friends would do anything for him so when he told her that the lightning shock he hit her with brought her sanity back she was surprised that she had her innocence back and no longer influenced by her father's lies.

Happy to hear this she decided to secretly join her brother in overthrowing her father. Surprised to hear this zuko was sceptical when he asked and said.

"Just how much lightning did you hit her with exactly???. The amount of voltage to shock a person back into sanity would have to be at least 100.000 voltage or more. Otherwise it would be impossible to do."

And naruto said.

"Well I'm not like any ordinary avatar. I'm the opposite of aang. Aang can bend the four basic elements. I on the other hand...can bend every single sub element related to the four main elements of water earth fire and air.

I'm planning something bigger then just winning the war zuko. There's a reason I trained all of you to your peaks....and that's because I'm going to assist aang in stopping your father.
By destroying sozens comet.

After which your father will be powerless to stop the avatar aang from weakening him after which I will strike the killing blow.

Making you the new fire Lord and me your sisters husband. With your blessings... future fire Lord zuko.

Rest assured I have no intention of breaking her heart. We love each other and I'd never hurt her. Only those who would wish to do her harm. I trust you understand what I'm saying don't you???. My sister Mito like your own...is my greatest weakness. And my only saving grace.

No harm Is to come to her or azula and her friends..or there will be disastrous results should she be hurt in any way.... I'll kill the person responsible without a second thought.
That's the difference between me and aang.

Aang was raised by Monk's who's philosophy was killing without reason is wrong. I was raised in a family where you are given no choice but to kill for a living. I have a secret that you must not tell katara at all. Under normal circumstances I won't tell people this but I could blood bend an entire army of fire nation soldiers.

I used it on my family before. Out of anger and jealousy I used it during a full moon and went on a killing spree.

Not that I wouldn't do it again given the opportunity just to see them suffer. The only reason I haven't is because of my sister Mito. Remember.
Don't... tell... katara about this."

And zuko said.

"So your saying that your like aang.
But your different from him as well??.
I'm still confused as to how two avatars can exist at the same time.

I always thought that for one avatar to exist the previous avatar had to die and be reincarnated through the elemental cycle. So how is it that your an avatar as well???."

And naruto said.

"Well let's just say that certain circumstances concerning the origin of my birth and what I was born without led the sun and moon spirit's to take pitty on me and gave me these abilities and the knowledge of how to use them. so in a manner of speaking.

I'm the only avatar that can bend sub-elements and main elements. 100 years ago aang ran away from his destiny and his disappearance caused the prophecy of the avatar to be put in limbo.

So the spirit's decided a new avatar had to be chosen since aang was nowhere to be found. Only to be found 100 years later in an iceberg.
Funny how destiny work's that way isn't it???."

Just then zuko's uncle iroh showed up and said.

"It's never a good thing to be holding on to your past. For once you've held on to it for too long it will eventually blind you to the real world around you. Blind you to the truth of what you are really after.

Running from the past only delays you from your future. Killing out of envy and jealousy of others is never going to bring you peace.

You must obtain peace by making peace with those who have wronged you. Not take vengeance out on them for it."

Zuko then said.

"Uncle please. Be careful with how you talk to him. His mindset is that of a deciever. He plans on killing my father after aang's battle has weakened him to make me the new fire Lord. He has azula wrapped around him like a dog on a leash.

And... their in... love. Something I never understood though. Is it possible to generate enough lightning to completely cure a brainwashed person like azula???. Say....100.000 Volt's Worth of lightning???."

And iroh said.

"It's not impossible to do zuko. But it's also not recommended to attempt. For many good reasons such as the one you just mentioned. It can either cure the person or kill them.

What he probably did was created enough voltage that when he struck azula in the chest with it he used the lightning to hit the cerebral cortex part of the brain that stores memories and information.

By doing this her mind would be opened up to the truth behind all of your father's lies.

Her past memories with your father that clouded her judgement are gone and her innocence restored. If I had to guess I'd say your sister is completely normal now. It's quite remarkable."

And naruto said.

"Ah. You must be former general iroh of the western dragon. I've heard many great stories about you in ba sing se and from azula herself.

The death of your son caused you to give up everything you were set in line to posess. Including the title of fire Lord. I think even though you would have made a better ruler and a far wiser one then ozai.... you did the right thing with zuko and sent him down the right path to peace. You chose the path of least resistance."

And iroh said.

"I've done many bad things in my past. But the only thing I don't regret.
Is teaching you zuko. My brother always thought that power and authority were what it means to be a great leader. When in reality it's humility and dignity that makes an even greater one.

Blinded by his lust for power and control. He chose to Carry on my father sozens legacy of the 100 year war. But what about you young man.

What do you intend to do once your moved into the fire kingdom???.
Once zuko's father is defeated and he becomes the next fire Lord....you could live in the palace with azula."

And naruto said.

"That sounds nice but I would put to many people at risk by doing so.
No. I think I'll stay somewhere else on another island. Close to the fire nation where I can watch over everything from a distance."

And iroh said.

"Something tells me that you are running from more then just your past actions and regrets. Your running from everyone you could have hurt or killed with your bending abilities.

Are you really that much of a threat to others that you feel like you can't even control yourself if forced into a corner???."

And naruto said.

"Yes. But that's why I have my sister Mito by my side. Without her most of my life with the rest of my family I would have killed them by now."

Iroh understood all too well how naruto felt about killing people.
It made him feel like he was a monster. A person who's only purpose was to kill for satisfaction and thrill.

But now he had a new reason. A new purpose. One that didn't make himself feel like a monster or a God. But rather.. just... him. Naruto. A person with a terrible childhood who's only sole comfort was with his sister.

And now that he had azula and her friends around he was even more happy. Mai ty li and Mito had been watching azula and naruto for quite some time now and realized that if they made each other happy that's all that matters.

But little did azula's father know that his greatest Ally.Would soon become his biggest regret. His own daughter would turn Against him and his greatest asset would be his downfall.