Chapter Two

Again I've attached The Book Of You And I by Alec Benjamin above. This song reflects Melissa's emotions in this chapter. Enjoyy!!

Melissa's POV

I ran to my car and ignited the engine. The storm had already started, weather was getting ice cold with every passing minute. And the fact the I forgot my coat in the restaurant wasn't helping at all.

It was only a 15 minutes drive to my home. But during the heavy storm, driving was getting harder. The roads were covered with snow. It was tough to navigate my route in dim light and with alcohol in my system. But nothing could stop me then from going as far as possible from that certain part of my life, from that painful moment.

While driving my mind was going back to the old dusty lanes of my memories, to the memories we had together.

The first time he had held my hand, the first hug, first date, first birthday together, New years and valentines days, the very first time we both had sat on my roof, under the open midnight sky, countless of shining stars looking at us back.

I remembered the first time I had looked in his eyes to notice how much his pupils dilated and how his deep blue eyes somehow turned lighter, a shade of ocean blue. His eyes always left me mesmerized.

The first time I had seen love in his eyes, the type of love I thought only existed in fairy tales, and how I had seen it slowly fading away.

Last few moths had been hard, so hard, for me. I was up at night till the golden sun rays hit my  window curtains, thinking about what had gone wrong between us. I had searched for one mistake that I could re-do to make him love me again. I could see the dreams that I had with him slowly vanishing into thin air in front of my eyes.

But I couldn't find a single way to make it stop, to hold what we had safe and secure. I couldn't hold him back from letting me go.

Oh how I wish I could see those beautiful pupils being enlarged for me, to dive in that ocean in his eyes.

I had searched for that love one last time today again. But all I could find was relief and then sadness.

Like he realized he had got what he was wishing for, but sad for the memories and the story that we could never complete.

I wonder if he can feel my pain now. I wonder how he is taking his freedom in.

Could he ever see the love and emotions in my eyes? Like I did?

Is it just me?

Pity was the last thing I wanted from him. Not at least today, when I was in my most vulnerable condition. That's why I'd avoided eye contact with him. All these thought made my head spin and I couldn't think straight. So I turned on the radio to keep my mind off him. I didn't have the mood to surf through channels to find something. I let luck choose whatever it had for me.

"....
We danced the night away,
we drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up.. "

Those lyrics hit me like a truck. That song held so much meaning to us. It brought back all the promises that we had made. But still I chose to endure the pain, brushing off the tears from my cheeks.

"Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest.."

Mostly this took my hazy mind to the night I had met him for the first time.

"I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go...."

As the song played in the background I wondered to myself,

If I knew the consequences of loving him, meeting him, would I still want to do it all over again?

Would I have? If I get the chance?

I still didn't know the answer That question had haunted me for weeks. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice when I went off the roof. Suddenly I felt like I was driving on cloud.

I took in my surrounding, coming back to my senses. I was driving towards the park lake straight ahead. It was too late already. The lake was less than 10 feet away from me and I was driving 45 km/h. It was only a matter of seconds that my whole life and everything depended on.

I pressed on the break pedal hard and at the same time pulling the hand gear with all my strength, only to find out the break shoe of my car wasn't working.

FUCKK!!