Epilogue

Melissa,

We have crossed our paths in lots of places,
We've made memories in empathetic words.
You've been a wonderful woman to me at times,
But, I've let you down thousand of times.

So, I want to apologise if I have had tripled your insecurities.
I want to apologise for my actions as they've hurt you more than twice.
I'm sorry if I've  broken you into two.
I am sorry if I was not the right soul out there for you.

Once you told me you hated to have an ex in your life.
Well, I don't want to be an ex in anyone's life.
For now, I want to be your friend again.
Although I'm not sure if you'll let me in.

You're not the one with the dreams broken,
But the one who helped me in finding one.
You were the one with whom I found my poetic aspirations,
And the reason I found meaning in music, films and literature.
You're the first woman to teach me how to love and be loved,
You're the first woman who taught me how to write to love.
You're the person I learnt how to cherish the good old days,
The person who taught me about perceptions, ideas and dreams.
You're the second women I've hated and loved and hated and loved,
And might be the second woman to hate me for the person I've turned myself into.

I'm sorry for every teardrop on your face,
And for every broken promises I made.
You didn't deserve someone like me,
But you deserved a lot better than me.

-apologies

                                                Yours,
                                                       Landon..

George lit the piece of paper on fire, in front of her tombstone. The paper that held the last words he wanted to say to Melissa when she ran away that day, six months ago. When Melissa called asked him to meet that day, he was clueless at first. But her last words made him realize what he had done to her, over the years. He noticed the coat Melissa had left behind. So he ran after her too. But it was too late. She had already driven off into the storm. He followed her knowing she was drunk and emotional. But that didn't save her, couldn't save her. She had already drove off to the park lake with full speed.

Police were still confused if it was an accident or a suicide. The car was missing too.

It took him six months to finally face her. He was still staring at her tombstone, thinking about the things she had said to him.

A girl full of such thoughtful, deep opinions about life and her last words were so sad and oblivious. I did that to her. She must hate me now.

George thought to himself.

"George" called out a female voice. He looked back at his office colleague, Tiara, the girl he has been talking to for a few months now.

Is this unfair to Melissa? Or her?

Wondering in his mind, he went to held her hand and walk away from his past, to venture the world, like he had dreamt always.