Chapter Three

Resentment by Kesha is attached above. This video and the song itself resembles how broken Melissa felt all along. Enjoy!

Melissa's POV

My car was already on the frozen shore of the lake. Seeing no other way I jumped out of my car, landing on my stomach on the ice and rolling towards the deeper middle part of the lake. I couldn't move my hand to stop the velocity.

I guess I've broken my arms and a few of my ribs. Oh God!

I felt ice cracking beneath me. I heard the sound of water splash somewhere near by.

Its probably the car. Shit!

In no time, I felt my body going down, in to something thick. Ice cold water had embraced my whole body, taking me in, numbing my nerves slowly. My eyes were wide open taking in my surrounding.

There was a blue hint of light around me. No idea where that was coming from, light and darkness playing all around me. My skin was blue too.

I wonder if I will look beautiful while dying! Does tanned skin look good being frozen! Or is it just for pretty girls?

My lungs started burning from lack of Oxygen. I couldn't breathe. I opened my month for a little bit of Oxygen, but all I felt was freezing water invading my body, feeling my empty stomach and pipes and lungs.

Is this how dying feels like? Probably.

Water didn't only trespassed my body, but also took away my senses. The nerves on my skin weren't working, I was pretty sure. I had stopped feeling cold long ago. All I felt was, nothing.

I wasn't able to speak either. I was loosing my consciousness slowly. I was stating at the broken Ice gap slowly going far away. I was being taken down to sleep forever.

Am I going to die because of being frozen? Or from being suffocated and drowned?

At that very vulnerable moment, when I losing my sight too, I heard sirens coming from a distance.

My last sight was George. He was smiling at me. It was the kind of smile when he couldn't find words to describe his feelings.

A warm, beautiful and gorgeous smile that always had melted my soul.

Suddenly it felt like deja vû to me. I remembered the pains and hurtful memories that he caused me.

Yet I loved him.

Yet I couldn't bring myself to hate that person.

Probably till my last breath, who knows?

I closed my eyes wondering if I was given the chance to meet him again, for the first time, would I have taken it?

I asked my soul,

Can I put myself through the same tears, sleepless nights and confused looks again?