Chapter 5: This Needs to Be Fixed

Aizawa picked up his phone and slipped it into his pocket, following the crowd of students as they all got up, dumped their trays, and headed to their classes. The four students who were talking to him earlier tried keeping close to him but eventually they gave up having to constantly slow down to meet his groggy pace. Everyone seemed to always be in a rush and Aizawa preferred taking his sweet time. 

He got to the classroom and just shuffled to the back, sitting in an extra chair and leaning his back against the wall. Class time means nap time. His eyes were closed and he was about to doze off when a loud gasp came from the front of the room.

"SHOUTA OH MY GOD!" Came a somewhat familiar voice, followed by Aizawa being embraced and lifted right out of his chair. He finally opened his eyes.

"Kayama, you teach here too?!" He asked, eyebrows furrowed. Did everyone he was friends with in high school teach at UA? Well, that's probably how he ended up teaching there. No way would he have chose being a teacher unless he had very insistent people bugging him about it until he caved. Which perfectly describes Yamada and Kayama perfectly. He tried pushing away and getting out of her grasp, but, sadly, he was a very weak guy.

"Zashi told me that you got hit by a quirk but I didn't know it turned you into such an adorable little man!" She gushed, her cheek squished against his. Several students were now looking over and snickering. Which made him blush. Not the part about being so close to Midnight, a big beautiful lady, but the part of being the center of attention once again. 

"Just put me down, goddammit." He grumbled. She finally giggled and lowered him to the ground, giving his cheek a little squeeze which made him blush more and made even more students laugh. 

"Oh my god you're so small and cute!" She told him, ruffling his hair some. He narrowed his eyes and looked away. 

"I'm average height and I'm not cute.....tch don't you have a class to teach?" He pointed out, the bell beginning to ring. She let out a sad sigh.

"Oh Shouta, you're no fun. So youthful and handsome and yet you're still a grumpy old man." She huffed before making her way up to the front of the class. Aizawa just sank back into his chair, trying to recover from that interaction and relax so he could take his goddamn nap. Luckily, his exhaustion took precedent and within minutes, he was snoozing.

The rest of the day went relatively normally. Or at least, as normal as this whole situation could be. He slept in the rest of the classes too, only waking up to the bell and quickly drifting back off. 

Once the final bell rang, Yamada came into the classroom and over to Aizawa, who was just laying across three chairs. 

"How you feelin', my man?" He asked, reaching an arm out to the wall and leaning on it.

"Tired. Bored. You figure out who did this?" He asked.

Yamada sighed, "Not yet. Talked to the principle though and he gave the okay for you to temporarily become a student again, so that's sick." He explained. Aizawa closed his eyes.

"Sick." He grumbled sarcastically. 

"And on a not-so-sick note, looks like any proper investigation is gonna take like two weeks sooooo......might be a while 'til you're normal." Yamada stated, breathing in through his teeth. 

"Whatever, let's just get my shit into the student dorms." He said simply, standing up and heading out. Yamada followed quickly after. The walked in silence half the way until Yamada finally spoke up.

"Let's go get coffee at the cat cafe! I know that'll make ya feel better!" He suggested, his cheerful enthusiastic voice in full swing. 

"You'd look like some sort of pedo creep." Aizawa stated, "Or maybe people will think you're my dad." He joked, smiling some. 

Yamada gasped, "I don't look that old, do I?!" He asked, speeding up a bit to get ahead so he could pose. 

"Well, considering I apparently look like a homeless Japanese version of Jesus at 30, you're doing pretty good." He mumbled, still smiling some. Yamada smiled back. They got to the teacher's dorms and headed up to Aizawa's room. Luckily, it was pretty bare, so the only things to grab were a few notebooks and textbooks shoved into a backpack, his phone charger, pencils and shit, pajamas and a few outfits and underwear, and all of the stuff his cat would need. Because of course his cat is coming to the student dorm with him. Is he supposed to just live there all alone like some psychopath? They lugged the items over to the 1A dorms and Aizawa picked one of the empty rooms. It already had a desk and bed so thank god they didn't have to carry a bed over. 

They settled the room and both sat on the bed once it was all finished. The fluffy little cat jumped up and began purring as it rubbed against both of them.

"So what's it's name?" He wondered, figuring Yamada would know.

"Loud Cloud." Yamada answered softly, petting the soft white kitty. Aizawa nodded some. 

"That's Oboro's hero name, isn't it?" Aizawa wondered as the cat settled down with it's back half on Yamada and front half on Aizawa. 

"...yeah..." Yamada mumbled, his mood dropping further by the second. Aizawa felt a little pang in his chest. He just realized he doesn't really wanna know what happened to their friend. Not if it's making a guy as cheerful as Yamada droop like a dying flower. 

"Well, okay, you can go, I'm gonna get some more shut eye." He told him, picking up the cat and cradling it like a baby. It just melted into his arms. Yamada smiled and stood.

"If you need anything, just give me a call. If you can figure it out, that is." He teased, earlier having to explain what the functions of the phone were and everything to him like he was some old ass man with a technology deficiency. 

"See you tomorrow." Aizawa told him, smiling and pointing at the door. Yamada just gave him a little salute and left. Aizawa sat for a moment before setting Loud Cloud down and heading down to the common area of the dorms. He easily found two of the four from earlier, Midoriya and Todoroki, and sat down on the chair across from them.

"I want this fixed and I want it fixed now so let's fucking find this guy and have him turn me back." He stated, pulling up his calendar on his phone and finding the little details section under yesterday's patrol note. He slid the phone over to them. Midoriya looked around to make sure nobody heard Aizawa and looked back at him with a determined grin. 

"Once everyone goes to sleep, we'll be out and back before they know it!" He said in a hushed tone. Aizawa smiled. And besides, he's not waiting two weeks just for an investigation to begin. 

"We're not supposed to leave campus without a teacher's permission." Todoroki pointed out, quickly realizing what he said and smiling some. Seems like the kid likes being a bit of a rule-breaker, even if this isn't a rule being broken but more of a rule workaround. 

Aizawa gave a mischievous toothy grin, "Good thing I say let's fucking do this."